Vision Metron 40 LTD

Hi all....

Has anybody got any info/opinion on the Vision Metron 40 LTD carbon wheels that came on the 2017 Trek Domane SL6 disc? I have them and they feel very very sluggish and heavy..... Have spotted on the web that they have steel hubs? I’m looking at “upgrading” to the Hunt 30 carbon wheels. But only if it is an upgrade??

Cheers!

A.

Comments

• I very much doubt they have steel hubs (having had a quick Google, they all seem to reference alu hubs), and "upgrading", to Hunts.....well, you've already put that in "inverted commas", so I think you already know the answer to that one!
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I have them on my Domane as well, heavy, not great hubs as they need servicing more often than I’d expect. I also have the Hunt Aero disc brake wheels, no real difference.
    The Domane itself is a heavy bike, but the Hunts are a small improvement in making the bike lighter.
    There’s no real aero gains from the 40mm wheel, but they do look better on the Domane than the Hunts.
  • ads77
    ads77 Posts: 57
    Thanks all.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    oxoman said:

Get some decent handbuilt wheels from cycleclinic or wheelsmith way better than off the shelf stuff

This 100%