friday on the edge of time

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, more webex

can one make decent acid from ergotamine tartrate using only household ingredients, wire coat hangers, fairy liquid bottles and sticky tape?

would liven things up
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited April 2020
    Morning, a bit cooler here in that easterly wind but clear skies, things to look forward to today, waitrose delivery, turbo, and poached eggs for lunch
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    edited April 2020
    sungod said:

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, more webex

can one make decent acid from ergotamine tartrate using only household ingredients, wire coat hangers, fairy liquid bottles and sticky tape?

would liven things up

Is it not easier to just ring your dealer? :wink:
  • thistle_
    Contemplating an early bike ride, might not happen.
    Then 'W'FH
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Yeah Friday, much needed. May have really enjoyed thirsty Thursday but needed to hydrate after what looks like the last ride for a while on the summer bike
  • tlw1
    edited April 2020
    double vision
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Yeah Friday, much needed. May have really enjoyed thirsty Thursday but needed to hydrate after what looks like the last ride for a while on the summer bike

tlw1 said:

It's like you've got double vision :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks, sounds a bit blowy out there. I suspect today will be much like yesterday which was much like the day before that which was much ....

Saturday tomorrow so that means a couple of laptop free days.
    If you’re successful SG are you going to market the stuff?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    windy ride, not quite as nippy, coffee in the hills of hampstead

strictly for research to blaze a new clear way through space
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    edited April 2020

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It's beer deprivation.
    Oh don't worry, I have seen the effects.

Lovely morning if a little chilly.

I cut the last 1/4 off an oil barrel to use as a tub and then soaked Porker#1 wishbones in petrol overnight to remove the Dinitrol/grime.

Worked a treat.

You see, if you were like me SG, you would have lots of chemicals and useful stuff at your disposal, at home.

I have Phosphoric acid, petrol, methyl ethyl keytone, Sodium N-(2-carboxyethyl)-N-(2-ethylhexyl)-β-alaninate , ethanol, Alcohols,C12-14,ethoxylated, sulfates, sodium salts (in various mixes)...

I also have a steam cleaner, a blow torch, an angle grinder, a chop saw, a circular saw and a fine selection of hammers amongst other things.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

:)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

would liven things up

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is sungod at work.

This is he on his bicycle, after a good old bask.

More worky work for me. Probably also crosswords though, and a couple of good coffees from my machine.

• sungod
    actually, fignon/i do bear a resemblance, i'm not as tolerant as he was though
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    edited April 2020
    pinno said:

You see, if you were like me SG, you would have lots of chemicals and useful stuff at your disposal, at home.

I have Phosphoric acid, petrol, methyl ethyl keytone, Sodium N-(2-carboxyethyl)-N-(2-ethylhexyl)-β-alaninate , ethanol, Alcohols,C12-14,ethoxylated, sulfates, sodium salts (in various mixes)...

I also have a steam cleaner, a blow torch, an angle grinder, a chop saw, a circular saw and a fine selection of hammers amongst other things.

Are those all in your basement?

Just listening to the latest from our leaders on a Webex. Mixed news shall we say....will do some real work soon.

Also I discovered this morning that the hounds bloody love bacon and they now treat me as some sort of God. I have bestowed honorary Bottom Bracketeer status on them :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning, first round of update meetings done. Boss has probably got appendicitis so now I have to go join the SMT meetings. Oh what fun.

Turbo set up for an outside session later. Red wine decanted to accompany date night dinner (cote du boeuf for those who want some pointless info). Just have to avoid starting it post turbo.

Onwards and upwards my friends
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Flâneur said:

Red wine decanted to accompany date night dinner (cote du boeuf for those who want some pointless info).

More pointless info would be what is the wine? Must be a good un, else why the long decant.

Last time I had a cote de boeuf, I seared it hard, then bunged it in a 60 degree C oven until internal temperature was 57 degrees C (medium rare). That was about an hour and a half for a 1 kg piece. Give it 15 mins rest then carve.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It's beer deprivation.

I cut the last 1/4 off an oil barrel to use as a tub and then soaked Porker#1 wishbones in petrol overnight to remove the Dinitrol/grime.

Worked a treat.

Sounds like a nice coktail of explosives you could produce there (not that I know anything about that type of thing o:)

Raining apparently here though I'm outside at the moment and the sky is mainly blue so Mr Fish got it wrong again. Slowly buffing the wax up though I'm tempted to get the power tools out for speed.
    Also debating re doing my office desk setup, having been away from it an come back I can see how crap it is.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Probably just the contents of his drinks cabinet.

Took a risk and visited the city today, to see chiropractor as my back will kill me before any fecking virus at this rate.

Fiddled with bike in shed on return. Cold wet and windy outside, so no chainsaw or other fun had.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It's beer deprivation.

Worked a treat.

i think i'm missing caustic soda and cream of tartar, which might be enough to make a very dirty product, don't think i'd want to touch it though
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419

Stevo_666 said:

Probably just the contents of his drinks cabinet.

It all makes sense now :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It's beer deprivation.

Worked a treat.

i think i'm missing caustic soda and cream of tartar, which might be enough to make a very dirty product, don't think i'd want to touch it though
    I have Cream of tartar, the Caustic soda, I could procure. I could leave something for the Herpes Courier. When you send/collect something, you get a profile of the driver. He likes, books, Star Wars and quiz shows. As soon as I saw that, I took an instant dislike.

Maybe the next parcel he collects will tick.
  • pinno
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It's beer deprivation.

Worked a treat.

I have Cream of tartar, the Caustic soda, I could procure. I could leave something for the Herpes Courier. When you send/collect something, you get a profile of the driver. He likes, reading fiction, Star Wars and quiz shows. As soon as I saw that, I took an instant dislike.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It's beer deprivation.

Worked a treat.

I have Cream of tartar, the Caustic soda, I could procure. I could leave something for the Herpes Courier. When you send/collect something, you get a profile of the driver. He likes, reading fiction, Star Wars and quiz shows. As soon as I saw that, I took an instant dislike.

Use silent quartz clocks. Or go the other way and get hold of an old grandfather clock
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It's beer deprivation.

Worked a treat.

Wonder what happens if you post a ticking clock.
    Probably a visit from the fun police.