Can't access lowest gear.

Evening all.
Got the Cannondale Synapse on a Flux S atm for obvious reasons.
The chain broke recently.
I took the opportunity to hyper clean the cassette (105) being very careful to reassemble correctly.
While reducing length of the chain, I stupidly took the required number of links off one end leaving me with the wrong configuration at one end for the quick link so had to remove one extra link.
After reassembly, it won't shift to the lowest gear and I can't believe one link would do that as plenty of play in the derailleur.
Anyone experienced similar and got a fix?
Cheers.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have you checked the chain length using the Shimano technical documentation?

yes too short a chain will do hat as it will pull the upper jockey wheel up high enough to foul the largest sprocket and prevent it moving level with it!

Fix is to start at the beginning, chain length set correctly and then go though the indexing of the rear mech' following a reputable guide such as at parktool.com
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.