thursday down a corridor of flame

'ning

nippy ride, coffee, nyt, wfh, may bask later if sunny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Walk, work then bbq & ale

A run or bike ride somewhere in there, hopefully as nice as yesterday when I took the masters out :)
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, turbo, gardening and catching a few rays again before the wind swings into the north east
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    edited April 2020
    Morning
    WFH
    Chaos seems to have ensued while I was off yesterday, emails flying around about furloughing and stuff.
    Woke up still feeling tired, and with a sore knee so mostly staying inside today.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    noticed the rear brake cable has somehow been caught on something and damaged, a few fibres cut, it's a powercordz, still brakes ok

dug out the spare which is now umpteen years old, the casing in parts has gone brittle, looks like due to being in contact with the wrong kind of plastic, grrrr, ordered a new set
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Meh.

No energy. Must find some.
    Then walk.
    Then grass.
    Then...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

noticed the rear brake cable has somehow been caught on something and damaged, a few fibres cut, it's a powercordz, still brakes ok

dug out the spare which is now umpteen years old, the casing in parts has gone brittle, looks like due to being in contact with the wrong kind of plastic, grrrr, ordered a new set

Buy a new bike.

This is how my collection grew as I kept forgetting hit them with a hammer/set them on fire and chuck over the hedge
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    We're getting rid of a bike today. Admittedly its my kid's bike from 10 years ago which has been sitting in the garage gathering dust. Still works OK though, just needed a bit of air in the tyres and some oil on the chain. Still, means I have room for another one now :)

Onwards to more coffee, tax and treasury related stuff...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning, usual update, moved onto tea from coffee though.

Third day on the row I've had my garden Zwift session interupted by a Teams call. People need to learn what WFH means.

May redesign my garden. Have to work out how to lay a patio and what base to use. New dawn, new skills
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Flâneur said:

May redesign my garden. Have to work out how to lay a patio and what base to use. New dawn, new skills

Start here. https://www.pavingexpert.com/
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, its gone cloudy here an now getting muggy so rain?
    Meh I managed a roll around on the bike today so that was a plus, rolled down to the shop in the next village to get some as my local hadn't had any delivered.
    Came back with bread, a bottle of milk some yeast an strong white flour so I can make more bread!
  • step83
    If anyone's bored I did a thing. Wax needs to go off properly then I can buff it out.
    It's had two coats of boiled linseed oil an a single coat of briwax dark oak. Almost the same as the workbench top. Think I got lucky with the ply I used on the bench

• step83
    oxoman said:

Step that doesn't look to bad tbh. You need to go into business and sell them.

I need a table saw really, they are pretty easy but a table saw would really simplify work. Plus I may get into trouble with IKEA as I'm sure it's one of their products. Still few tweaks it'll work. It's an idea!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks, another busy day of wfh. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong as I’m actually working. Managed a short wobble at lunchtime at least. Only half an hour but I’m sure it’s enough to upset the self righteous types.
    So what kind of bike you getting Stevo? Friday tomorrow at least.
  • pinno

So what kind of bike you getting Stevo?

One with stabilisers.

Nice effort Step considering your current convalescence.

• tlw1

Evening folks, another busy day of wfh. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong as I’m actually working. Managed a short wobble at lunchtime at least. Only half an hour but I’m sure it’s enough to upset the self righteous types.

Nope you are correct, by doing the same amount of work you win the commute - talked about this with a ginger haired ex colleague of yours today
  • tlw1

Nope you are correct, by doing the same amount of work you win the commute - talked about this with a ginger haired ex colleague of yours today
  • Stevo_666

No idea. I still have one stashed in a mates garage so may still need to unload one first.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Did you get rid of the bike Stevo?
    What size is/was it?

My daughter (Tricky) needs a bigger one.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    tlw1 said:

Aah, tell him I said hi, hope he is well.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Did you get rid of the bike Stevo?
    What size is/was it?

My daughter (Tricky) needs a bigger one.

I got rid of the kids bike yesterday, sorry Mr. P. It was I think a 20" wheel job - sort of size that fits a 9 yo kid. Gave it to some people round the corner who we know.

I still have to get shot of one of the MTBs to make some room. Suspect the 2 wheeled Panzer will need to go as its only any use for uplifts and Im not doing them any more.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Stevo_666 said:

... Suspect the 2 wheeled Panzer will need to go as its only any use for uplifts and Im not doing them any more.

Know anyone with a boat that needs a new anchor? 😀
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

... Suspect the 2 wheeled Panzer will need to go as its only any use for uplifts and Im not doing them any more.

Know anyone with a boat that needs a new anchor? 😀
    It's a downhill bike so way too heavy to be an anchor :)