Elite Zumo / Zwift wont calibrate

Hello
Second time on the Zumo and I think it needs calibrating, or I'm a cycling legend in the making:)
Used Zwift calibration, pedaled up to speed and then it just froze on "keep pedaling".
Tried off and back on.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Iirc the Zwift in-game calibration for Elite turbos is fubarred.

Use the Elite My Training app instead, but note it's not really a calibration, it simply churns out a number you compare to the sticker on the underside of the unit.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Why not just use the elite app to do the calibration, also check that the firmware is up to date. Zwift cal never worked on my old vortex and I always use the wahoo app on its replacement a kickr core
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636

Iirc the Zwift in-game calibration for Elite turbos is fubarred.

Use the Elite My Training app instead, but note it's not really a calibration, it simply churns out a number you compare to the sticker on the underside of the unit.

Cheers, I'll have a look into that then.
  • david7m
    dowtcha said:

Why not just use the elite app to do the calibration, also check that the firmware is up to date. Zwift cal never worked on my old vortex and I always use the wahoo app on its replacement a kickr core

Cheers, I'll get the app and report back.
  • david7m
    Elite app wouldn't work either and can't find any help online :(
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    Elite have a Facebook group for the direto, not sure if they have one for the zumo but it may be worth looking/asking there.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    On a related note, I hooked up my dumb trainer to Zwift with speed/cadence and heart monitor, took the FTP test and got a result of 150% of my expectations. Which is nice...

Once I get my hands on a smart trainer I'll try again...
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • david7m
    edited April 2020
    the_rover said:

Elite have a Facebook group for the direto, not sure if they have one for the zumo but it may be worth looking/asking there.

the_rover said:

I don't have FB but have searched it, no apparent groups for Zumo :neutral:
  • david7m
    Longshot said:

On a related note, I hooked up my dumb trainer to Zwift with speed/cadence and heart monitor, took the FTP test and got a result of 150% of my expectations. Which is nice...

Once I get my hands on a smart trainer I'll try again...

Sweet!
  • david7m
    edited April 2020
    I have made progress!

Checked for updates using app "upgrado", sounds like BS but it's official Italian app. Was one update behind, latest is 191.

Ran calibration again and got a result - 17758 :smile:

Don't know what to do with this as nothing on the base to match against.

Back to more searching......
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    david7m said:

Sounds like you're having similar problems I had with my old Direto.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • david7m

david7m said:

Sounds like you're having similar problems I had with my old Direto.
    Seems to be more about for Direto than Zumo.

What did you do with yours?
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Sold the Direto and bought a Neo. I found Elite support to be non-existent, possibly due to the language barrier, but even so, I needed help and didn't get it, so sold it. I've had two Elite trainers (Kura and Direto 1) and both were problematic. Never again.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • david7m

Sold the Direto and bought a Neo. I found Elite support to be non-existent, possibly due to the language barrier, but even so, I needed help and didn't get it, so sold it. I've had two Elite trainers (Kura and Direto 1) and both were problematic. Never again.

That's a shame.
    I raised a ticket via email Tuesday and they replied Wednesday with instructions on things to try.
    Have replied today with my calibration results, let's see what comes back.