monday it's all a figment of my mind, in a world that i designed

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, the threefold way

om
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it feels cooler this morning, not sure what to do today everything is in order
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    A slow start for once as the wife is walking the hounds.

Probably a few jobs and then relax in the bar before not ironing shirts for work tomorrow
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    brrrrr it's cold and the wind made it even colder, didn't wear enough

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    sungod said:

brrrrr it's cold and the wind made it even colder, didn't wear enough

About covers my ride too
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Good lie in - why not? Run was last night so its weights today. Will have to think of a few things to do.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    As others have noted, It's windy and much colder. Sun has come out though, so I might apply teak oil to the bits of my new garden furniture that need it.

Bit of work first though. Ho hum.
  • Viz Top Tip - always check weather forecast, temperature, wind direction etc BEFORE you go out, that way you'll know what clothing to wear.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Like everyone else - chilly bike ride this morning and not doing a lot this afternoon. Bit chilly for sunbathing.
    Forecast said easterly wind this morning but was north easterly on the way out and South westerly on the way back so a headwind all round.

Somehow all my bank cards except 1 have gone missing from my wallet, which is inconvenient to say the least. Hoping they're at the Indian takeaway. Don't ever give your OH your wallet :neutral:

According to the local news 4 people from our village are off to court tomorrow because they threw a big house party last night and the police showed up. Fake news obviously because I wasn't invited to the party so it can't have happened.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Certainly cold today, sat in my very warm new Rapha jumper. decided not to sit outside just staying in keeping warm drinking decent coffee and eating decent food for a change.

Logistics Gurl is on dog walking duty I'm just making my way through the deliveries she kindly stacked up for me!
  • Stevo_666

According to the local news 4 people from our village are off to court tomorrow because they threw a big house party last night and the police showed up.

Looks like stupidity is now a crime. Nearly as daft as giving your OH your wallet ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2020
    Bit of amusement on the daily hound walk.

There's an ancient and deep pond in our local park which has a coating of some sort of vegetation on the surface of the water that makes it look almost like a flat solid surface. Senior hound (who has never been swimming before as he's not that keen on water) didn't clock this, walked straight off the edge of the decking and promptly disappeared below the surface. Cue a bit of splashing around before one bedraggled mutt hauled himself out. Would have made some good 'You've been framed' type material if we'd managed to film it :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    edited April 2020
    I remember my daft Spaniel deciding that he was going to chase those small, white birds, in the distance, over a slightly frozen lake.
    It's a bit like Father Ted and "...Dougal, these cows are small and those cows are far away...".
    He took off crashing through the thin ice and started swimming towards... Swans. The Swans were a bit bemused and started swimming towards him.
    A moments hesitation and he started swimming back, crashing through the ice near the edge, all the while the Swans were looming (and getting bigger) and much, much closer. My dog came out trembling with fear and cold, tail between his legs and looking over his shoulder, miffed.
    He carried this miffed attitude for the rest of the day.

I was in stitches.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Reminds me of mine, shes a mini English bull terrier so not that tall, also not the brightest of dogs, she wont walk round puddles or boggy ground just blindly wades in then panics usually getting herself even more mucky in the process
  • Stevo_666
    I'm reckon senior hound won't do it again in that particular spot, though he was happy to wade in the stream this morning so presumably not too traumatised. Junior hound is brighter but loves swimming so would have worked out it was water and been straight in - which is why we had him on the lead near the pond.