sunday it's all moving relative to me

'ning

looks like the good weather has peaked, ride and veg out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, as the sun rises blue skies little cloud, but rain forecast later, turbo early, might trim the hedges if the rain holds off
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Still sunny currently, so enjoying a cup of tea and the paper laughing at the naming and shaming of Strava cyclists
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    What are the Strava cyclists up to?

Bit cool and cloudy here. Toots will go looking in the garden for stuff later...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

Riding HUNDREDS of miles on their own in FLAGRANT DISREGARD for LOCKDOWN, like they OWN THE ROAD, and WHY DO THEY WEAR LYCRA the SANCTIMONIOUS...(cont. p.94).

I'm off to ride literally 10's of miles through London with a member of my household. Obvs leaving wahoo at home.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Riding HUNDREDS of miles on their own in FLAGRANT DISREGARD for LOCKDOWN, like they OWN THE ROAD, and WHY DO THEY WEAR LYCRA the SANCTIMONIOUS...(cont. p.94).

I'm off to ride literally 10's of miles through London with a member of my household. Obvs leaving wahoo at home.
    Covers it perfectly
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Cunning plan - they could always turn Strava off for a bit?

Lazy day as the weather's nice and no supplies are needed. Hopefully there will be a few decent bits of humour posted on my Whatsapp groups to keep me amused.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    easter egg hunt done, bike on the roof rack, off to ride up boxhill.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    House chores early. A couple hours of chainsaw stuff, then a few minor odd jobs.

Mother visiting for a day or so. Argh.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    early ride seemed even quieter, perhaps people planning on using their slice of freedom later

had a pleasant bask for a few hours, going cloudy now
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    giving legs a break today, even though I reckon they stayed in bed yesterday given how I dealt with the hills. Not. As the vernacular used to be.

Lazing about in sunshine, though starting to cloud build. Someone nearby seems to be having another bonfire, smell of acrid smoke hanging around. Well neighbourly, well done, whoever you are. I will look for you, I will find you, and...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, spent a "delightful" week in hospital I've since escaped/been released so I'm now at home mainly sleeping.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Had a neighbour knock on the door and run away having left a home made loaf of bread for us. Very nice, obviously not those immediately next door.
    Been pottering about a bit, got the turntable going properly again with a new stylus. I suspect a heavy handed yoof with too much beer in him did for the last one.
    Went to Wombledon to see the old dear yesterday, rode a couple of the womblebergs for Hoppy. Lad rode up to town and back.
    Ooh, just had to get up and change on to side 2. Probably as exciting as my day will get.
  • hopkinb

Went to Wombledon to see the old dear yesterday, rode a couple of the womblebergs for Hoppy.

I thought I could hear a strange gasping noise. ;)

Nearly 40 miles with the boy into and around London. Took all our own supplies to ensure distancing, and only stopped once under the walkie talkie, where we saw not another soul. Slow though, bless him, but for a not very athletic nearly 15 year old on a knobbly tyred hybrid thing with heavy front suspension, a very decent effort.
  • veronese68
    edited April 2020
    Gasping? There’s an understatement.
    40 miles is good going if he’s not used to that sort of thing. Shouldn’t you get him a proper bike now?
    Come to think of it how tall is he? Might have a bike he can have in exchange for beer
  • hopkinb
    I offered a proper bike when we got this one. Not interested then, but I think he could see the point today! Once I've got my Asgard, I may take you up on the beer bike...
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Afternoon, spent a "delightful" week in hospital I've since escaped/been released so I'm now at home mainly sleeping.

Welcome back Step, you are Bottom Bracket's very own Boris :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Welcome back Step, you are Bottom Bracket's very own Boris :)
    That's not very nice! Good news Step, hope your full recovery is swift.
  • veronese68
    step83 said:

I was too slow in posting and missed this. Welcome back. Released for Easter? The resurrection of Step. I thought Boris was going to claim he’d come back from the dead to save us all 😂
  • hopkinb
    Oh yes, that passed me by, glad to hear you are recovered Step! Take it easy.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

I will look for you, I will find you, and...

...cough on them?

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

I will look for you, I will find you, and...

...cough on them?

I wonder if farts are infectious?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Welcome back Step.
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Covers it perfectly
    Some MP was on the news bitching that she was out in London and saw some people riding bikes and it needs to be stopped :neutral:
  • orraloon
    What was she doing out in London? That needs to be stopped.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    glad you are ok step

Some MP was on the news bitching that she was out in London and saw some people riding bikes and it needs to be stopped :neutral:

bloody mp out in london, spreading disease, it's disgusting, they should lock her up, it's the only language her type understands
  • step83
    Thanks everyone, still feel rough, its akin to having proper flu it really knocks you back. Just have to take my time an get my strength back up.

• pinno
    edited April 2020
    step83 said:

Thanks everyone, still feel rough, its akin to having proper flu it really knocks you back. Just have to take my time an get my strength back up.

I take it any action with logistics gurl is on hold?
    orraloon said:

What was she doing out in London? That needs to be stopped.

This ^.
  • step83
    Well, when I went into hospital she stayed at mine to look after the dog. An she's still here now making sure I'm alright, no nurse outfits though.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Well, when I went into hospital she stayed at mine to look after the dog. An she's still here now making sure I'm alright, no nurse outfits though.

You could order one online and have it delivered to show her your appreciation Step.
  • tlw1
    Yeah step is alive
  • tlw1
    Shame we can’t say the same for sterling moss. A few of the guys I went to Kilimanjaro with knew him quite well through racing, so some loverly stories and pictures on the WhatsApp group