Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
    Not mocking it.

Do you rely on it to decide whether it is safe to overtake?
  • mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

"We have received your order and will process it promptly"

That message has been there for a week...

I expect it will change to 'Held' in the next day or two.
    Oh ye of little faith.

Order status now "packing" with the message "we are currently preparing your order for dispatch".
    I've just had a call from them, they can only send one item out that I ordered. Apparently because the warehouse is closed, so I said I'll wait for it all, and they didn't want to do that.

I'm pretty sure that someone ballsed up and put too much of a discount on and they are using a warehouse closure to get out of it.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065

Not mocking it.

Speaking personally I don't rely on it for anything but what it does do (& do very well) is give you more awareness of what's behind you.

I'm not a Garmin fan at all & thought long & hard about buying this & if I'm honest probably wanted to dislike it but although it's not perfect I won't ride without it now.
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    Has anyone had any bargain Mavic clobber delivered?
  • ibr17xvii

mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Oh ye of little faith.

Order status now "packing" with the message "we are currently preparing your order for dispatch".
    I've just had a call from them, they can only send one item out that I ordered. Apparently because the warehouse is closed, so I said I'll wait for it all, and they didn't want to do that.

I'm pretty sure that someone ballsed up and put too much of a discount on and they are using a warehouse closure to get out of it.

I know these are unprecedented times but I don't like the way this company seems to work.

Kinda glad I didn't order the bike I wanted.
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    redvision said:

redvision said:

ibr17xvii said:

redvision said:

Garmin 1030 £299 at wiggle

Likewise at halfords and now the BC 10% off can be used online there!

Worth noting though, the 1030 is reduced as Garmin are about to release a newer model.

Same applies to the varia radar.
    There's a new Varia coming out?

Not been that long since the last one.
    Yes. The varia rtl510 is two years old now. Garmin had scheduled the launch of the new one for the second quarter of 2020 but has been delayed due to the virus.
    Varia 2 now reduced at halfords and other places (assume clearing stock for the new version). Bargain @ £99! Plus you can use the 10% BC discount online now! And don't forget quidco.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-lights/garmin-varia-2-radar-tail-light-654906.html
    Available on Wiggle and Amazon at this price
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700

Not mocking it.

My Varia is probably the best thing I've ever bought for the bike.

I still look behind me if I'm going to make a major manoeuvre such as a turn or an overtake, and every so often when just riding along. The advantage for me is if I have to make a fast move, such as avoiding a pothole I hadn't previously noticed or something. It's really useful to know at that point whether there's something right behind me or not - The radar display shows the distance behind you of other vehicles as well as just showing that they're there.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Tri-UK
    Sent another email a couple of days ago and this morning got email saying dispatched !
    At 4 I got an email saying no access to certain warehouse stock and they had refunded me nearly half the value of the order!
    And they've not told me what it is they can't deliver so I'll just have to wait and see!
    Sceptical side of me also says that someone cocked up on the pricing as some of it was incredible cheap but then again these are unprecedented times...
    I've been trying to calculate what items they may not be delivering but it could be anything.
    I have only ordered Mavic stuff so are they are honouring the prices of some of it but if I had to guess I'll bet it's the shoes that aren't coming :(
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,611
    The shoes were a ridiculous price.
  • galatzo said:

Tri-UK
    Sent another email a couple of days ago and this morning got email saying dispatched !
    At 4 I got an email saying no access to certain warehouse stock and they had refunded me nearly half the value of the order!
    And they've not told me what it is they can't deliver so I'll just have to wait and see!
    Sceptical side of me also says that someone cocked up on the pricing as some of it was incredible cheap but then again these are unprecedented times...
    I've been trying to calculate what items they may not be delivering but it could be anything.
    I have only ordered Mavic stuff so are they are honouring the prices of some of it but if I had to guess I'll bet it's the shoes that aren't coming :(

They told me it was the shoes they couldn't send....

Managed to get a merino top out though. I'd be proper surprised if anyone got the top end shoes at over £200 off.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,572

mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Oh ye of little faith.

Lol, I just had a voicemail with the exact same message.
    Did I still want to order the 9.99 gloves despite the £5 delivery :D

That'll be an email instructing them to cancel and refund.
    Which is exactly what they are after, pretty sure as above, someone messed up, and they are using the current situation to provide the excuse.

Won't be shopping with them again, especially now I know who owns them.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Looks like the "3 for 2" promo on clothing and bike bags is back at PX, a few deals to be had, don't just think of items you want for the summer exercise rides! ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    anjasola said:

Yup, gravel polo shirt and some socks. They couldn't fulfil the shoes or knee warmers though. Delivered last Saturday I think?

On the varia, I've had one for a few months now and can't imagine riding without it now. If you can, try one - I've yet to meet anyone who's tried it and not felt the same way.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    galatzo said:

Tri-UK

So my despatch on Friday has actually been despatched today on RM24, tracking finally gone live!
    I'll try not to be too disappointed when no shoes turn up as merino jerseys at £32-£37 is a still a bargain !
    Some is going to have to be returned and who knows how long that's gonna take!
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Well after 3 weeks they have just told me the bike I ordered is not in stock so Wint be sent. was showing in stock when I ordered it and they took the money straight away. Last time I ever use them !!
  • mrb123

Well after 3 weeks they have just told me the bike I ordered is not in stock so Wint be sent. was showing in stock when I ordered it and they took the money straight away. Last time I ever use them !!

What was your order status before that? I'm still in the "Packing" stage having moved there from "Received" about a week ago.
  • ribbo
    ribbo Posts: 35
    anjasola said:

Yep - delivery recieved today including a pair of the bargain shoes. Womens version so they appear to have some stock for them.

Got everything we ordered aside from a pair of gloves. Bit of a wait and a shame about the gloves but worth it for the shoe saving alone!
  • Mine was showing packing aswell. Thanks
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Moon Nova 80+ Pulsar light set from halfords/cycle republic available for a tenner..
    AA Front, 2xAAA rear powered set - useful little "Be Seen" for kids/occasional riders, or a back up. .
    The pulsar rear is pretty good, normally sells for £12 by itself, so with the nova torch front it's not a bad set, especially as the rear uses the same mounts as used by the other moon lights, so can be swapped in easily.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    I don't think anyone's posted this yet...

There's a LeCol challenge on Strava at the moment: https://www.strava.com/challenges/LeCol-Keep-Active-Challenge
    It's dead easy to complete and you get a £50 credit. What's not so obvious is that there's a minimum spend of £100.
    If you're buying something from them anyway, might be worth a go.
  • ibr17xvii

Well after 3 weeks they have just told me the bike I ordered is not in stock so Wint be sent. was showing in stock when I ordered it and they took the money straight away. Last time I ever use them !!

Feedback like this makes me glad I gave them a swerve.
  • mrb123
    I think we're all willing to cut businesses a bit of slack at the present time, but this TriUk saga has been pretty shoddy, particularly as they've taken everyone's money for several weeks before failing to fulfil the orders, or in my case leaving me waiting and failing to respond to emails.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333

There's a LeCol challenge on Strava at the moment: https://www.strava.com/challenges/LeCol-Keep-Active-Challenge
    It's dead easy to complete and you get a £50 credit. What's not so obvious is that there's a minimum spend of £100.

There seems to be one of these all the time! You'd be mad to buy something from Le Col without a Strava voucher.
  • voicycle
    voicycle Posts: 95

There seems to be one of these all the time! You'd be mad to buy something from Le Col without a Strava voucher.
    The nice thing about this is anyone who cycles with any regularity (and is therefore probably spending on kit regularly) can get the discount almost whenever they like without even thinking about it, but it encourages new, occasional, or returning cyclists to step up their activity a bit in order to get the discount.

I definitely took a bit of extra pride in the first garment I got from them because of that. Now it's as you say - It's not even a thought and I wouldn't order from them without the offer. (Although saying that, I think my last order was either a Black Friday or Boxing Day sale and wouldn't have involved any Strava discounts.)
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • matt71
    matt71 Posts: 27
    I have a voucher code if anyone wants it? Send me a pm and it’s yours

No way I can afford their prices :(
  • solstice21
    solstice21 Posts: 321
    matt71 said:

Their stuff is about 3x overpriced so the constantly running 50% off codes makes it just about bearable if there's something you really want.
  • monda
    monda Posts: 32
    matt71 said:

I got one of the wiggins jerseys. Added a pair or socks to take it to £100. Minus £50 with voucher. £5 delivery. So £55 for a good quality great fitting jrrsey and socks. I personally think thst is excellent value, and in cycling terms pretty affordable.
  • mrb123
    TriUk update...

Order still showing as "packing" but I've had an email informing me of a TNT express consignment from them so looks like I may be receiving a bicycle after all.
  • I finally got my delivery this morning.

Pretty pissed off with them to be honest, not about how long it took (I appreciate that) but the 'sorry, the warehouse with the shoes is closed' and not allowing me to wait anyway is bullsh*t

Blatantly needed some cash flow, took all our money, sat on it for 2 weeks then made up a load of rubbish about warehouses.
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    TRIUK
    I’m still waiting, ordered 28March email from TRI 3rd April re delay..... checked out as a guest so no info.
    Communication very poor.