friday can you feel it, see it, hear it today?

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, turbo, gardening, relaxing bbq if the weather nice
    Enjoy your weekend
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Build posh outdoor furniture. Sit on it.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Quick spin this morning while the roads were quiet.
    B screw seems to have gone out of adjustment on my rear mech, not sure how that happened but ended up stuck in lowest gear right at the end.

People in motorhomes already set up for the weekend around here thinking they're hidden out of sight.

Hermes have got my parcel apparently. Doesn't look like the driver is putting in an extra shift this morning (fair enough) so it will either arrive tomorrow or at Christmas.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    B screw going slack?!

Forecast is 20deg c today. It's already warming up.
    Will this weather slow the advance of WuFlu?

Toots lessons today, then gearbox removal. Wahey.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

Will this weather slow the advance of WuFlu?

we get daily updates from our 'i'm a gmc bod get me out of here' service, it's still managing to spread in the southern hemisphere, middle east and other toasty equatorial areas

in the uk, good weather may increase the numbers of people tempted to ignore the stay home/distancing rules, i.e. warmer weather could make things worse for us
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    A morning of chilling will be followed by an afternoon of the same. Cleaning the bike will be the most strenuous job today.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Walked dog. Made coffee. Posted bollox. Swapped chainrings on trainer bike for some of those oval things to try. Picked up cars from mechanic.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Is throwing the bucket of water used for washing your bike over the bike an appropriate way to get rid of the dull bloke from down the road that was talking at me? Unfortunately I had to get more water as I hadn’t done the wheels yet, also could have been useful if he came back.
    Probably a couple of kilos of caked on gunk came off the thing, should ride a lot better once I’ve put it back together with a new chain.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Pleasant (1h) bike ride, do the loop, hit the upslopes, see how the legs are improving by repeats every other day or so. Shorts, wow, but still long sleeves.

Getting hot out there. Sit in the shade for a bit then do the daily dandelion seek-and-destroy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Had a bit of a lie in. Did a bit of work that I couldn't be bothered to do yesterday. Got sun loungers out and sat on one for a bit then hosed down the dogs when they got back from their rather warm walk. Will go running later when it cools off a bit - feels positively Mediterranean in our (admittedly south facing sun-trap) back garden.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    slightly nippy start of ride, but warmed up, desperate woman saw my coffee and begged to know where got it, shame about social distancing as i'm sure she'd have hugged me when i told her

followed by a pleasant few hours bask to top up the tan

another day without seeing any speeding ambulances, seems a good sign
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Got a food delivery today. One of the local gastropubs is acting as a retailer for their suppliers, so really nice meat and veg.

Finally got around to rearranging the garage so I could plug in the two mini fridge freezers my older two brought back from University.

Puppy walked, will go out on the bike this evening when it's cooler.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice run this morning has been followed by some work and lots of jobs. Little shakedown on the tandem with youngest and now trying to decide if I can avoid ale for another couple of hours
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

slightly nippy start of ride, but warmed up, desperate woman saw my coffee and begged to know where got it, shame about social distancing as i'm sure she'd have hugged me when i told her

She wasn't the ski bunny type then?

• Stevo_666

sungod said:

She wasn't the ski bunny type then?

I think some of them will have been a bit short of work this season.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

now trying to decide if I can avoid ale for another couple of hours

Why?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Why?
    Good point well made
  • Stevo_666
    Got my new hair clippers out and checked all present and correct. Got Stropteen to agree to do the clipping once I start looking a bit hippy-ish which will be in a week or two.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Why?
    Good point well made
    You'd never want to be called an ale dodger, would you. Proper insult :smile:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Didn't build furniture, thats tomorrow. Cleaned all the floors and bathrooms. Took the boy for a ride round town.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Got my new hair clippers out and checked all present and correct. Got Stropteen to agree to do the clipping once I start looking a bit hippy-ish which will be in a week or two.

Mrs was just looking at pictures of people who’s clippers had failed part way through. Good job they can’t go out.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

'Ning
    Quick spin this morning while the roads were quiet.
    B screw seems to have gone out of adjustment on my rear mech, not sure how that happened but ended up stuck in lowest gear right at the end.

People in motorhomes already set up for the weekend around here thinking they're hidden out of sight.

Hermes have got my parcel apparently. Doesn't look like the driver is putting in an extra shift this morning (fair enough) so it will either arrive tomorrow or at Christmas.

Spark plug through the windscreen, everyday motoring incident.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Like most i'm trying to keep busy.

Can't polish a turd,we'll see about that.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2020
    oxoman said:

Stevo, battery died halfway through on not so young oxo and he had to wait a while, whilst it recharged. Apparently his camera he always uses when online gaming and talking to his mates was out of order for a bit.

Did the battery really die or were you just having a laugh? :)
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Mrs was just looking at pictures of people who’s clippers had failed part way through. Good job they can’t go out.
    Brand new and seems to work OK - fingers crossed.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Got word from Step83. He's had the dreaded C19 Lurgy. Was in hospital on Oxygen but is now back home recovering.

In other news, Shorty fell out of a tree. She's fine. Nothing broken.

This cleaning business Hoppy... [shakes head]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    pinno said:

Got word from Step83. He's had the dreaded C19 Lurgy. Was in hospital on Oxygen but is now back home recovering.

Ah, had sent a message too, as yet unanswered. Hope he recovers fine.

Now we just need @awavey back.

And @chris_bass

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

GWS Step83. Sounds like he's on the mend, hopefully.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

GWS Step83. Sounds like he's on the mend, hopefully.
    Plus potato
  • thistle_

pinno said:

Ah, had sent a message too, as yet unanswered. Hope he recovers fine.

Now we just need @awavey back.

And @chris_bass

Bad news, hope he's better soon.
    Are the other two ill or just MIA?

That @Flâneur hasn't been around for a while, but is that normal?