thursday and here it comes, a new dark age

'ning

coffee, nyt, followed by private socially distanced bask if its sunny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blue skies at the moment, so a sunny day expected, turbo first thing then a relaxing afternoon , hopefully
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Run, WFH like a dog, slam laptop lid down and enjoy the bar and live streamed music from the old local
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    up to the summit of hampstead for a coffee, regent's park was quiet on the way back so did a couple of laps, faint mist and wispy cloud, hope it burns off

this is the first morning i haven't seen at least two or three ambulances

pineapple time
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Bit cloudy today.

Toots schoolwork, coffee, taking off old Porker parts, order meds...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Deadline day for some our annual reporting so busy day. Just waiting for the next batch of stuff to review. Hopefully it won't extend info the evening as I might end up drinking on the job.

At least the weather is OK so the hounds can wander in and out of the garden as they please and don't start kicking up because they're stuck inside.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Managed to get out for a spin in the sunshine this morning. Roads were quieter than usual but not deserted, more like normal traffic levels 15 years ago.
    Might do some work this afternoon seeing as my parcel doesn't look like it will be arriving until next week now.
    sungod said:

this is the first morning i haven't seen at least two or three ambulances

The local air ambulance did a trip to the major trauma hospital yesterday evening, first time in a while so not sure what happened.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Ning, days work done so bike ride around the sandbanks peninsula to see if any hookers sneak out of footballers houses.
    Will bravely visit post office to send a seat post back to wiggle. I got it for xmas and awaited the onset of summer to fit it (yesterday). Yep, didn't even get to 5Nm torque and it ruptured. FFS, it has thicker walls than the aluminium one it replaced. Followed instructions meticulously. I blame wiggle and 3T.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, but only just as I start writing
    WFH again, getting lots of silly questions heading my way so not getting much of what I should be doing done.
    Looks like I've got to go to Brum to empty the last of the stuff from the lad's place. Landlord will let them off half of the rent if the place is emptied. Car's got a full tank so I can get there and back without stopping other than to load up, the house is empty so antisocial distancing is not a problem. Is the journey essential? Not striclty speaking but it saves a hefty chunk of cash and it needs to be done before the end of June anyway so looks like a job for this weekend. At least the roads should be quiet.
    Need to order some sand and cement for click and collect thing, that's another job for the weekend. No chance of me getting bored at least.
    If you see any press photographers with long lenses near Regents Park don't forget to cough in their general direction SG.
    Have a good one everybody.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832

Morning folks, but only just as I start writing
    WFH again, getting lots of silly questions heading my way so not getting much of what I should be doing done.
    Looks like I've got to go to Brum to empty the last of the stuff from the lad's place. Landlord will let them off half of the rent if the place is emptied. Car's got a full tank so I can get there and back without stopping other than to load up, the house is empty so antisocial distancing is not a problem. Is the journey essential? Not striclty speaking but it saves a hefty chunk of cash and it needs to be done before the end of June anyway so looks like a job for this weekend. At least the roads should be quiet.
    Need to order some sand and cement for click and collect thing, that's another job for the weekend. No chance of me getting bored at least.
    If you see any press photographers with long lenses near Regents Park don't forget to cough in their general direction SG.
    Have a good one everybody.

Can email you a letter saying you are a key worker in the automotive sector

Might not be much use on the return journey :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    pleasant bask, read nyt, read the kandy-kolored tangerine-flake streamline baby, listened to the space ritual very loud, such accomplishments as dreams are made on
  • darkhairedlord
    Finally convinced a student their maths is wrong....
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sunny out, went riding with mini. Used a new (to me) stretch of totally segregated cycle path between Raynes Park and New Malden, lots of fun for mini to whizz up and down safely on a few km of lovely smooth tarmac.

Just had a little home made limoncello from the hippies next door. Ooof, thats some strong base spirit.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

If asked just tell them you're helping him move because the landlord has kicked him out.
    Probably best to go on Saturday as I expect there will be more checks on Friday with people heading to Wales for the long weekend.
  • darkhairedlord

If asked just tell them you're helping him move because the landlord has kicked him out.
    Probably best to go on Saturday as I expect there will be more checks on Friday with people heading to Wales for the long weekend.
    Do it now, if you're not already halfway there; get in the car and go now, before the blockades come in on Friday night.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    And for goodness' sake don't buy a loaf of bread in Brum or you'll be more clickbait.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited April 2020
    Others are going this weekend so we’re not going yet it seems. He took everything of value back already, so I’ve suggested getting one of his mates to bin his stuff and he can post the keys to the landlord.

Finally convinced a student their maths is wrong....

Meant to ask, do you teach at a uni? Just that it seems uni students know everything ;)