Donald Trump

Comments

• john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Calling bull on this straight out. Woukd place a bet tgat none of the itu team looking after boris have taken the time to meet with US doctors.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,123
    No, it's companies, and they've already spoken to London, and "contacted all of Boris' doctors". He says it right here.

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,507
    It is still a mystery to me why anyone reports or listens to what he says. The thing that would most annoy him would be to be ignored.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218

It is still a mystery to me why anyone reports or listens to what he says. The thing that would most annoy him would be to be ignored.

Almost half of Americans think he's doing a good job.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,685

No, it's companies, and they've already spoken to London, and "contacted all of Boris' doctors". He says it right here.

Judging by the way he's pushing drugs by specific companies, my guess is he's grifting again. It certainly seems that some of the politicians who were in on the security briefings warning about CV19 have made some 'lucky' changes in their investment portfolios. And of course, Trump is trying to find something, anything, that makes people forget his deadly delay in doing anything to alert the public to the risk and do anything meaningful. He wants to be the firefighter who can claim to put out the blaze he watched burn for weeks before calling 911.

To him, the dead are just 'numbers' to be balanced with his Twitter and Facebook popularity.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207

Almost half of Americans think he's doing a good job.
    Have any studies been carried out into the relative IQs of those who support him and those that don't? It would be an interesting study.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,685

As I've repeatedly said too. Obviously it's something for the media to froth over, but there is a bit of pushback now, with CNN cutting away from the daily 'press briefings' when Trump goes on. And on. And on.

The other bit I don't get is why the press don't stand up for each other more when he is telling lies or abusing one of their colleagues for asking a perfectly legitimate question: they just let him get away with it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Interesting article BT.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    WTF?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    edited April 2020
    The President's brain is missing.
    What is most concerning is that Biden suffers the same symptoms.
    Then there is BJ and Patel. WTF is going on? The world is screwed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Has anyone who argued Trump is smart when I posed the question a year ago changed their view since this?
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965

Has anyone who argued Trump is smart when I posed the question a year ago changed their view since this?

Who said he was smart. We need a list. He actually destroys peoples brain cells by just talking.
  • pblakeney

Only a year ago?
    Some of us have been questioning the for 4 years+.
    Actually, while having a clear out I found a book about Bush. It is a reminder that idiocy in the White House is nothing new.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Some of the regulars on the thread may appreciate this after Trumps last COVID press conference :)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    Every day, a new variety of madness.

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Everything you need to know in one meme:

• kingstongraham
    Kellyanne Conway says the WHO should have been on top of this by now because "this is COVID-19, not COVID-1".
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940

Kellyanne Conway says the WHO should have been on top of this by now because "this is COVID-19, not COVID-1".

You can't make this s**t up.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,483

I try to steer clear of this thread because the idiocy is just so overwhelming and who needs yet another person pointing out the obvious, but that is gnaw-your-own-hand-off stupid.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kingstongraham
    rjsterry said:

I try to steer clear of this thread because the idiocy is just so overwhelming and who needs yet another person pointing out the obvious, but that is gnaw-your-own-hand-off stupid.
    She really isn't stupid though - she just lies and makes bad faith arguments, so I can't work out if she really thought it was like "Police Academy 19 - Made in China".
  • Pross

rjsterry said:

She really isn't stupid though - she just lies and makes bad faith arguments, so I can't work out if she really thought it was like "Police Academy 19 - Made in China".
    I had to look her up but yes it looks like she is being wilfully stupid as you don't get an academic past like this (from Wiki) whilst being that pigshit stupid:

Conway graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Trinity College, Washington, D.C. (now Trinity Washington University), where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.[23] She earned a Juris Doctor with honors from the George Washington University Law School in 1992.

Interesting to note her grandfather was an alleged member of a mafia family - might explain how she got her current job!
  • pblakeney
    Reminds me of the film Madness of King George.
    They couldn't call it Madness of King George III as Americans would wonder what happened to the other 2 films.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Distraction and playing to the stupids. There's an election coming up. Covfefe-man may win 52:48.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Anyone remember this? :)

https://youtu.be/s2n87YKSjrA
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo_666 said:

Some of the regulars on the thread may appreciate this after Trumps last COVID press conference :)

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    edited April 2020
    I've just watched the orange imbecile talking about the number of tests the USA have done, I think he said 4 million.

He then said "The United States has now conducted more total tests than all of the following nations combined: France, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, India, Austria, Australia, Sweden, and Canada"

So what?

Okay Donald, you've got the biggest d1ck, well done.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Pross
    He was demonstrating how many countries he has heard of, maybe they got him a colouring book with a map of the world to keep him occupied during the lockdown and he's massively increased his knowledge.