sunday sideways through time

'ning

ride at dawn, perhaps a takeaway coffee somewhere

in the event the forecast sunnywarm occurs i shall enjoy it from on high, penthouse living far above the teeming plague carriers being maced and tasered by the rozzers
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Sounds like an excellent plan and might do the same, but without the coffee because nowhere around here is open.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sounds like an excellent plan, especially enjoying some sunshine
    Have a good day
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    sungod said:

in the event the forecast sunnywarm occurs i shall enjoy it from on high, penthouse living far above the teeming plague carriers being maced and tasered by the rozzers

LOL Excelent!         ...the imagery that conjures up
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Should be out exercising but playing grand turismo endurance race with the eldest rugrat

Today is a few jobs and ales :)
  • oxoman said:

Status quo being retained, staying on days as some other muppet covering. Local plods out this morning on the prowl in cars. Don't normally see any on way in but 4 cars spotted within 10 miles shows they mean business.

Good. Some people here seem to think it doesn't apply to them. Mate is a Doctor, three medics he knows in London in their 30s are on ventilators. This shit is serious, take it seriously.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Should be out exercising but playing grand turismo endurance race with the eldest rugrat

Its a shame you can't link it to your turbo.

Dawn ride was good, verging on spectactuar, nobody around which is the best sort of ride and a cloud inversion in the valley below between the bridges.

Set off in short sleeves and summer gloves because it was mild and expected it to warm as the sun came up. How wrong I was: 3 degrees according to my phone at the end, with several miles of downhill to finish :neutral:
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Morning. Ride into work completed and 1st coffee consumed, maybe all change as night man didn't turn in as self isolating. May be riding back shortly, see what big boss says shortly.

Couldnt you use that excuse to get off nights?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ooh, a very chilly thistle! Brrr.

Dunno what today, not a lot I expect. I did it all yesterday. Sit in the garden and listen to the young Italian hippies next door play their bongos and guitars, and smoke their reefers. Maybe there will be some sunbathing from the lady hippies.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    didn't manage a coffee, sunny though still a bit nippy with arm/knee warmers and gilet, good tailwind on the return

wait for the sun to warm things up ready for a bask
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Another lie in, another sunny day. Patio was done yesterday so will sort out the pond weed today before it really starts sprouting. Might be tempted to get the garden furniture out later, sit in the garden for a bit and laze.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Me doing chores me. I'll post proper bollox later when i've read the other posts.

Stay bored.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Thistle I am currently trying to keep working and any extra to get me out of the house is a bonus. Mental health taking a battering with OH and kids off school and work. Even the dogs had enough of them. Can only use rollers for so long and working and combining my exercise is safer I reckon.

I guess you're an 'option B' kind of bloke then Oxo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5s433aTy98
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

sungod said:

LOL Excelent!         ...the imagery that conjures up
    Reminds me of that scene from 'Dawn of the Dead' where they're on the shopping centre roof looking down at the zombies in the car park.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Chilly (for us).

Didn't end up doing much with the day again. Cleaned up an old cable reel which was rotting away down the far end of the paddock. Pulled it to bits and will leave it to dry out then burn it in the outdoor thing.

Otherwise meh
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Pleasant breezy 50k. Headwind out, tailwind back, nice.

Dispensed with one layer vs earlier in the week when that wind was c-c-cold but still well wrapped compared to some other riders. Shorts and short sleeves? 5th April?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Turbo set up in the garden. Turned it around half way to take advantage of a tailwind.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    pleasant bask in the sun

not sure there's enough uv to be useful, but the air over london is way clearer these days, no more layer of grey-brown crud, blue all the way to the edge

forecast looks remarkably good for the coming bank hols
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Nope, just somebody has decided I'm indispensable and classed me as essential for site / process safety under company interpretation of current government guidelines. What they don't realise yet is I'm having some serious me time when this is over and they can sort out any start up issues out themselves. Either way only 2 people on site at a time and we keep away from each other. Personally can't stand the muppet.

Is that why they tried to gas you?

Apparently we're now key workers (stretching the literal definition). We've got to take our holidays now because they're planning on working us to the bone to get the country going again once curfew is lifted.
    I predict lots of people handing in their notice/leaving the industry....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Turbo set up in the garden. Turned it around half way to take advantage of a tailwind.

:)

Use a thick book to simulate uphill and downhill.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Was struggling for a bit as I only had the 'Chasey Book of Jokes' but have since found the 'TLW Good Pub Guide'. Feels like I'm cycling up the Eiger. :)
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Just wait until "Brexit thread - the first five years" hits the shelves. You'll be Everesting.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Was struggling for a bit as I only had the 'Chasey Book of Jokes' but have since found the 'TLW Good Pub Guide'. Feels like I'm cycling up the Eiger. :)

My bad pub guide is a lot quicker read