saturday you think you've found perception's doors, they open to a lie

'ning

ride and be socially distant, two things i'm good at :)
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, supposedly some warm weather on the way, I may use the trainer outdoors for a more realistic feel.
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning, supposedly some warm weather on the way, I may use the trainer outdoors for a more realistic feel.
    Have a good weekend

Just watch out for commentary from the neighbours :neutral:

Got a socket to change on something, and need to go shopping at some point but apart from that nothing planned for today as one might expect.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Social distance run is going to be hard as I’m doing 33k for a mates 33rd all whilst talking crap on the headphones to each other.

Then a few jobs before retiring to the home bar
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    edited April 2020
    Good lie in, now need to find some stuff to do. So far have got a spot of exercise and tidying up the patio/pulling a few weeds out of the pond on the list. Decent food and drink tonight is automatically on the list.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Blimey, afternoon folks. Time flies when you’re having fun.
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed, should tidy the garden a bit as the weather isn’t too bad. Might go for a wobble at some point. Other than that same old same old.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Hmm, not the day I was expecting. Rain, and quite chilly. Did a lot of faffing about in shed achieving very little, but the day got wasted at least. Should have been fettling bike, swapping chainrings on roadie for some oval ones to try out, but didn't. Tomorrow maybe.

Dinner was sausages, home made sweet potato crisps with corn, beans and a side dish of steamed peas mashed up a bit and mixed with mascarpone cheese and pepper. Plus wine.

Extra hour snooze tonight.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Done the patio. Thought I'd have a sit down after all that excitement.

Spinner - thought your clocks went back the same weekend that ours went forward? (i.e. the last one)?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Nah, for whatever reason the clock change here is different. Same with the summer start
  • Stevo_666

Nah, for whatever reason the clock change here is different. Same with the summer start

What, just Tasmania? (I know this is pointless noseyness but I have time on my hands :smile: )
  • Wheelspinner
    No, all Oz is the same change date (I think). Mind you, Queensland, Northern Territory and WA don't do Daylight Saving anyway, never have. South Australia does, but weirdly the time zone they (and NT) are on is a HALF hour behind the Eastern States, so in summer they are 30 minute ahead of QLD, and an hour ahead of NT.

Bl00dy silly but that's the way it's always been.
  • Stevo_666
    Yep, bloody silly.

On the plus side you'll be able to post a bit more on here in UK hours I guess.
  • Wheelspinner
    Better overlap in the morning when you lot are sitting about boozing after dinner.

But otherwise I'm retired, remember, spend too much time already online for no good reason... :smile: Posting bollox doesn't count...

Lockdown whatever is genuinely not a big deal for us (yet) as there's plenty of space, plenty of food still in the shops, I'm not yet broke and there's a list of things to do a mile long if I get bored.

We appear to have mislaid @step83 this last week. Do hope he's ok!

• Stevo_666
    Good point, maybe we need to send out a virtual search party...
  • - mowed the lawns
    - fettled the summer bike and went out for a ride to literally remove the cobwebs off it
    - 18 holes of golf

not sure yet what the evening will bring
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Nice blast earlier, this fine weather cyclist shaking out his post winter leg muscles. The 34 sprocket has been getting a lot of use.

I do mainly quiet country roads, and pretty much more walkists, runnists and other cyclists about than cars.

Now enjoying a beer sitting outside in the evening sunshine. This cannot last...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'll email Step.

Long walk along the beach with toots and Mrs P.
    I've eaten a lot.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Found crack, smoking it. Makes world better, though also makes me want more crack.
    Otherwise, I have cleaned the bifold doors, cleared out all the kitchen cupboards, vacuumed and mopped the whole house, and dusted as required, built a Weber 3 burner gas bbq, cooked some good sossers and some "deckle" steaks (Weber is a completely different experience to any gas bbq I have used before, actually hot and controllable).

Tomorrow is burgers and wings on this new cooking tool. Honestly, it gets properly hot. Probably more crack, may seek out hookers to singe on the bbq.
  • pinno
    edited April 2020
    You can move in to our house for a week when we go on holiday H³.
    Smoke all the crack you want, listen to my crackly vinyl collection and boogie all night with Jack.
  • thistle_
    Daily exercise was walking to the takeaway for a kebab.

*rant*
    Police have been stopping cyclists around here apparently out on 100 mile rides because Gove said 30-60 minutes of exercise only. They posted about it on social media and now there's pages of threats to murder all cyclists on sight :neutral:

They've also posted about pulling over people in lambos and porches driving halfway across the country for a day out and the reaction's more like "ooo, cheeky bugger"
  • pinno
    [I guess the cleaner can't come]
  • Stevo_666

Daily exercise was walking to the takeaway for a kebab.

*rant*
    Police have been stopping cyclists around here apparently out on 100 mile rides because Gove said 30-60 minutes of exercise only. They posted about it on social media and now there's pages of threats to murder all cyclists on sight :neutral:

They've also posted about pulling over people in lambos and porches driving halfway across the country for a day out and the reaction's more like "ooo, cheeky censored "

How do they know how far you're going? Plod checking Strava seems a bit clever for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Walked dogs in the local woods/ decommissioned golf course, then went for a run round the same route afterwards. Now enjoying my alcohol based reward.
  • pinno
    Nobody is stopping cyclists up here!
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

How do they know how far you're going? Plod checking Strava seems a bit clever for them.

Asking where they've come from and it's about 50 miles away I guess.
    Suppose it's the cyclists' fault for not saying just round the corner :smile:
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Asking where they've come from and it's about 50 miles away I guess.
    Suppose it's the cyclists' fault for not saying just round the corner :smile:
    I can see 100 milers turning into going round in big circles near your house.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Saw loads of plod on my ride, not one of them said anything. But to facilitate social distancing I went up to the big smoke.
    I’ve got a 3 burner Weber, it’s fookin’ grate. It will also be getting used tomorrow.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

I’ve got a 3 burner Weber, it’s fookin’ grate. It will also be getting used tomorrow.

I had a lesser 4 burner gas bbq for years. Utter shyte. You couldn't get it hot. This is a different thing altogether. Marvellous.

I'll not be able to get crack up your ends Pinno, unless I start some kind of county lines thing.
  • pinno
    You can get all sorts of 'cracks' however.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    So Hoppy, you're in that smokey conurbation thing, I'm in Oxfordshire, there are others up and west a bit. Network?
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

So Hoppy, you're in that smokey conurbation thing, I'm in Oxfordshire, there are others up and west a bit. Network?

I know your game: you wan't Hoppy to clean your house.