Is there an archive of old ITV Tour de France hilights?

Hi,

I've become an avid fan of the TdF since 2012 and in the last couple of years my teenage son has become a huge fan too. In the Spring, Summer and Autumn we watch the ITV4 Giro/Tour/Vuelta highlights together (sometimes the full stage it it's an important one) - it's become a big part of our lives.

Clearly we're gutted that the Giro and probably the Tour won't be happening this year and like many we're looking for things to fill the void. Initially I'm targeting the 2012 and 2013 Tours as my son didn't see those.

I've just received the official 13 hour BluRay of the 2012 Tour (£15 new sealed on eBay - bargain!) which we're going to watch together over the coming weeks - was delighted to find that it's based on the ITV coverage with Gary/Phil/Ned et al.

There is a similar BluRay of 2013 ("Attack or be attacked") but I can't find it anywhere to buy which leads me to the question... Is there an internet archive anywhere of old Grand Tour highlights. I'd love to be able to watch the ITV4 2013 TdF highlights each night with my son - as if it were live so to speak?

I have found livecycling.net which has full stage replays from Eurosport, but only 2019/2018 (and 2018 seem to be geoblocked to me in the UK). Also, we wouldn't have time to watch full race re-runs of each stage. Also, we prefer the commentary of Boulting/Millar on ITV4 rather than Hatch/Kelly on EuroSport.

Anyone got any links? Or a copy of the 2013 blu-ray to sell to me!

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,599
    Have you not heard of Youtube?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    In my attic i have old VHS tapes of the highlights...

But yeah Youtube. Quality of the film is a bit pants thouhg compared to what we are used to.

I do think it would be a great exercise if the TdF just reran a classic tour from the 80's - live as it were.
  • Thanks PB, I have looked on YouTube. Lots of classics on there of course but I was specifically trying to find an archive of ITV4 highlight shows for 2013 (if such a thing exists). I can't find that on YouTube and would be glad to be pointed in the right direction.