£1.5k first full Sus trail bike - any recommendations?

Hi,
looking at buying my first full sus with a budget of roughly 1.5k. Preferably 27.5 wheels (wide or +size Tyres), around 130mm travel and a dropper.
Like the look of the Rocky Mountain pipeline a30 from Paul’s cycles (https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/3694/products/rocky-mountain-pipeline-a30-275-2019-blackfox-racing-orange.aspx
Just asking wether anyone could recommend this bike (as not many reviews around), or if you are aware of any better current deals.
Cheers

Comments

• Yes the spec isn’t that clear. It’s a Shimano drivetrain (mostly) and Shimano brakes. Think the SRAM is intended for the higher models.
    I’m aware of the great spec low price with the boss nut, although was looking for a bit more of an aggressive trail bike (better suspension, + tyres, dropper...)
    Will keep looking.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited March 2020
    Don't get hung up on the lack of a dropper if you find an otherwise great bike. You can get a Brand - X Ascend II dropper from CRC right now for less than £90. Don't let the price put you off they are great and easy to fit.

PS: Have you considered a previously loved bike. They are fantastic value compared to a new one. You lose 30% riding a new bike out of the door! There are some great looking Whyte T130 bikes on eBay. I used to have a T130. It was a fantastic bike and rode as though it had more travel than 130, but in a good way. I had to sell it when my knee problems got too bad. I have an emtb now.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
  • Just wondering, do you think I’d be better off with a hardtail for the same price?
    Not sure wether it would affect my riding capabilities, although something like the whyte 901 seems pretty much as capable as the full suspensions, as long as you pick the right lines, whilst having a much nicer spec.
  • Some trail centres, some mountain tracks. No major bike park wales jumps, just the odd small drop or double. Mostly rooty, longish trails.?