Di2 frame mounted junction box

Ok so I've decided to do a bit modification to my di2 system, I've bought the bar end/ frame mounted junction box and was going to fit it into the bar end and have rewired the system accordingly but am now curious about fitting it into the frame, I have a carbon frame and wondered if it is 1 advisable to be cutting the hole in the frame and 2 I'm guessing it would void my guarantee?
I'm thinking those frames already made for the frame mount have some sort of reinforcing in the frame or is it just a hole ?

Thanks

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Your frame would be built with the frame mounting option if this was available. Instead, put it in the bar end. If your bars won't take the cable through the bars, look at Rides of Japan's video for a work around.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

Your frame would be built with the frame mounting option if this was available. Instead, put it in the bar end. If your bars won't take the cable through the bars, look at Rides of Japan's video for a work around.

THIS

plus also I've adapted bars to install bar end junction boxes, as it happens the bars have always been alloy and it doesn't appear to have created dangerous structural weaknesses. i.e. nothings broken and no one has had an accident because of it. (yet)

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I did it with a pair of 3T carbon Aeronovas due to excessive carbon rubbish at the turn preventing feeding the eTube cable through. Never had a problem.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.