Lanzarote Hotels

Firstly its been quite a while since I last frequented these forums. Last few years lets say have been a bit cr@p

Anyway onwards and upwards :-)

In September I went to Lanzarote for 7 nights and stayed at Club Santa Rosa and hired a bike from Evolution Bikes. Not knowing what to expect it was a mixed holiday but I do want to visit again next year once all the covid19 has gone. Hotel was good as it let me store bike in my room but i was a tad concerned about it getting pinched and lack of air con was a pain

Next time I'd need a hotel again in costa teguise but with air con and at least a full size fridge or kitchenette as well as secure bike storage. Has anyone been and can recommend any hotels? I have emailed many b4 the crisis and TBH not many were forthcoming or could be even bothered to reply.

TIA for any help or advice

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pointless looking at the Canaries for now and for the foreseeable future tbh. Lanzerote has no other income save tourism, so will be well fucked. Who knows which businesses will re-emerge
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    as bally says, it's all shut down at present, and way more strictly than the uk at present

by next year either things will either be ok or we'll all be utterly fucked, so you may as well plan for 'ok'

why a hotel? plenty of villas to rent, that gives you privacy and security, or a private apartment if you want something smaller

this far out you should have plenty of choice and any owner worth doing business with will be happy to respond
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Pointless looking at the Canaries for now and for the foreseeable future tbh. Lanzerote has no other income save tourism, so will be well censored . Who knows which businesses will re-emerge

I'm being optimistic and planning for success and not failure. Looking far ahead so when this crisis is over (and it will be) I can fire off a booking straight away.
  • Pointless looking at the Canaries for now and for the foreseeable future tbh. Lanzerote has no other income save tourism, so will be well censored . Who knows which businesses will re-emerge

I'm being optimistic and planning for success and not failure. Looking far ahead so when this crisis is over (and it will be) I can fire off a booking straight away.
    I go to Lanzarote 2-3 times a year. I have 2 holidays planned that were booked before all this kicked off, late September and Jan 2021. Right now I don't see Sept happening and I'm doubtful for Jan 2021.

Hotels will open as soon as they are allowed to but we will need flights to resume for people to take advantage of them. However, fortunately for those that live there, they do not have the same problems with infections that mainland Spain has with only 34 active cases. This is their advantage of being an island.

Now I think about it, I can see them staying locked down as an island until they have been able to vaccinate their population.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    We stayed at hotel beatriz a few years ago. We could keep a (hired) bike in the room but it was a bit pokey and no kitchenette in our room at least.
    It was a good location for us though on the edge of town and some MTB on the doorstep.

There seemed to be lots of apartment and villas to rent around there which might be better suited to you. There were loads of places to go out and eat too.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

We stayed at hotel beatriz a few years ago. We could keep a (hired) bike in the room but it was a bit pokey and no kitchenette in our room at least.
    It was a good location for us though on the edge of town and some MTB on the doorstep.

There seemed to be lots of apartment and villas to rent around there which might be better suited to you. There were loads of places to go out and eat too.

Matagorda? Across from there, there is Las Gaviotas which are all ground level apartments with kitchenettes. By no means fancy but you could certainly store your bike.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    How did you get on with Evolution Bikes? My old MTB mate Gav owns & runs that. He used to come over to the UK every so often and i would give him a tour of the Surrey Hills.
    FCN = 4
  • mtb-idle said:

How did you get on with Evolution Bikes? My old MTB mate Gav owns & runs that. He used to come over to the UK every so often and i would give him a tour of the Surrey Hills.

Brilliant service. Couldn’t have asked for me. Only slight negative were the 105 rim brakes on the Treks. Felt like blocks of wood. They’ve now got a range of disc brake treks so hope to use them next time.