saturday like thoughts inside a dream

'ning

a bit like other days, but no webex
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, that wind feels colder this morning, indoor cycling again, I might possibly crackup with this no venturing out
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    No significant work today. Today’s outdoor activity is a (virtual) run with a pal, we have an agreed time to start and finish, similar terrain and agreed pace - and will call each other and talk crap for the duration

Later is trying to stop drinking too early and failing
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning, that wind feels colder this morning, indoor cycling again, I might possibly crackup with this no venturing out
    Have a good weekend

Wind is blowing from a funny direction on this morning's ride.
    Forecast wasn't good and it looked like I was going to get a soaking but turned out quite nice.
    Might venture up into the attic later to do stuff.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Slow start as not a lot to do. Got a bit of a supermarket sweep to do including getting some stuff for one of the local buddies. May do a few weights later on and walk the dogs.

All very exciting...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Dismantled the second garden shed today, loaded on ute to go to the recycling yard, which I think is still open for business.

Otherwise very meh.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start has been had, now relaxing with not much urgency to do anything. Need to go and see the old dear as had a very frustrating phone call with her having IT problems. Tell her what to do and she doesn’t bloody listen. Other than that pottering will be done.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Richmond park closed to bikes now, so took my constitutional round central London instead, whistling the Specials all the way round.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited March 2020
    Looks like a nice time to come down and visit London :naughty:

Had the A400M buzzing around this afternoon which was a nice treat to watch from the window.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Me fitted cutting deck to mower me. This involved the second stage (after a bit of welding, wire dizzy, rust prevention, car body underseal): fit bearings to spindle, fit to captive plates, fit (sharpened blades), fit deck, wire ignition, drive around lawn on test run. All good. Looong day. Finish tomorrow - bonnet, charging circuit, bits and bobs, cut grass (in comfort).
    Might have another one to do to curry favour with local mechanic so I can borrow an engine hoist and clutch alignment kit for Porker#1.

Meanwhile, took Tricky's stabilisers off her bike. Helped her get going one or two times and then left her to it. She's off. I' m very proud and she was beaming after being initially, tentative and a bit wobbly. Now she's decided she needs a new bicycle!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Richmond park closed to bikes now, so took my constitutional round central London instead, whistling the Specials all the way round.

There's no body there!
  • pinno
    The clock's go forward tonight!
    No one's mention it. @sungod. and I was equally surprised @sungod no mention of the spring equinox a week ago.

Poor form SG, poor form.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

There's no body there!
    They saw 'im comin' 😳
  • pinno
    edited March 2020
    It's like the highlands in the middle of winter.
    Except the scenery is helluva better up there.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

The clock's go forward tonight!
    No one's mention it. @sungod. and I was equally surprised @sungod no mention of the spring equinox a week ago.

Poor form SG, poor form.

Just lie another hour tomorrow morning, there's nowt much to get up for that's urgent.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

There's no body there!

I know. Ghost town...
  • Stevo_666

Looks like a nice time to come down and visit London :naughty:

Had the A400M buzzing around this afternoon which was a nice treat to watch from the window.

You might get a good deal on hotel rooms?
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

There's no body there!

I know. Ghost town...
    Air quality in London must be at pre-industrial levels.