friday they talk of days for which they sit and wait

'ning

same plan, different webexes, at least it's sunny still

decided to sort out chromakey so i can liven up my webex video, maybe have a beach behind me, or led zep live
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, Led Zed live sounds like a plan Sungod, it looks like we have had a good frost here,
    I was that bored yesterday, I started repainting the garden fences, it was quite nice in the afternoon sun
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    sungod said:

'ning

same plan, different webexes, at least it's sunny still

decided to sort out chromakey so i can liven up my webex video, maybe have a beach behind me, or led zep live

Ditto but don't have a plain , contrasting enough background for it to work without losing half of me.
    Just hanging on until microsoft roll out custom backgrounds to everyone using teams.
    I might try joining one by streaming the "Is something amiss" scene, and I've been given a Mr Flibble to put in front of the camera too.

Can't tell if it's clouded over here or the sun hasn't come up high enough yet. You guys in the east find out before I do.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Still ferkin busy at work, but as sales drop off I expect more free time and unfortunately significantly less pay.

Bright side, will build a bar in the sun room, with a cycling theme. Might even hang a bike on the wall if there is room (gives a clue to how small it is)

As today is the wife’s birthday, I assume a lack of exercise and an increase in cooking will occur
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Still ferkin busy at work, but as sales drop off I expect more free time and unfortunately significantly less pay.

Bright side, will build a bar in the sun room, with a cycling theme. Might even hang a bike on the wall if there is room (gives a clue to how small it is)

As today is the wife’s birthday, I assume a lack of exercise and an increase in cooking will occur
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning all, not a cloud in the sky again, typical while your stuck indoors.
    Did an experiment last night on Zwift so likely cancelling that after faffing with the flattest route I could find.

Average weighted power, 166W Average speed, 27.9 kph, moving time 32:15, distance, 6.62KM. Something doesnt add up ther as by my maths it should have been a little over double that at around 14KM, an the Wahoo agrees giving me 14.4KM. Urgh

Anyway coffee is ready, bit cold to sit out side just yet so going to release the hound for her zoomies round the garden.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    sungod said:

...maybe have a beach behind me, or led zep live

Haha - just had a flashback to The Young Ones with Motörhead playing in their living room
    happy days
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Also busy with work as our March year end approaches and people try to cram but the lack of commuting time means it's not too bad.

Sunny and cold here, not that I get much sun in my North facing work room. Popping to the butchers later to get meat supplies for the weekend and may walk the hounds later before making inroads into my grog stockpile.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Now working form home due to "shielding" an extremely vulnerable household member for twelve weeks.

This consists of reading emails and not much else, as IT have a shortage of laptops for WFH.

Sunny, so may pretend to work in the garden. Hopefully a lunchtime run will substitute for the cycle to work.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Today's P3 lessons for Shorty consisted of:
    Fractions
    Time
    Phonetics
    10 times table (bit of algebra chucked in)
    Expansion of metal under heat - blow torch, ling metal rod.
    Naming parts of Skeletons in humans and horses.

Must eat. Had to many coffees yesterday, didn't sleep well.
    Jewsons must be busy - can't get through. Humph.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    chromakey into webex sorted, will debut later with holiday pic background as i'll need to snaffle a decent length 70's led zep video to convert, or maybe i'll use apocalypse now, hmm
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Pleasant 50k. Passed several oldie couples pootling on various rather ancient looking bikes, fair play to them. Plus family groups. Many pheasants lurking on the road in one of my favourite quiet wooded loops; I know pheasants are not the smartest of the avians but are they being braver / stupider due to the quieter roads?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    orraloon said:

Pleasant 50k. Passed several oldie couples pootling on various rather ancient looking bikes, fair play to them. Plus family groups. Many pheasants lurking on the road in one of my favourite quiet wooded loops; I know pheasants are not the smartest of the avians but are they being braver / stupider due to the quieter roads?

Quite likely loads more deer loitering on the road sides and on the roads round me way, on the plus side if this carries on the hedgehogs will come out of hibernation an not get splatted so quick.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    step83 said:

... if this carries on the hedgehogs will come out of hibernation an not get splatted so quick.

This ^ is a good thing.
    Went for a jolly to asses front rattle fix. Seems good. That took me a while to locate. Whilst I was out, Shorty and I watched a Red Squirrel , Squirreling about.
    It was only because I was stuck behind grandma x driving at grandma speed that we spotted it.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    step83 said:

orraloon said:

Quite likely loads more deer loitering on the road sides and on the roads round me way, on the plus side if this carries on the hedgehogs will come out of hibernation an not get splatted so quick.
    They'll come out of hibernation just as Boris lets everyone loose and people make up for lost miles :worried:

Work have been asking for volunteers to reduce hours and take unpaid leave, quite tempted although there's not much to do with all that time right now.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452

sungod said:

...maybe have a beach behind me, or led zep live

Haha - just had a flashback to The Young Ones with Motörhead playing in their living room
    happy days
    Now that would be a good background B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]