Indoor trainer hire

Hi everyone

Does anyone know a company or could recommend someone who rents out turbo trainers that I could use with zwift or similar ?

I can’t really afford to buy one out right,with the gyms now closed and pending isolation I could really do with one to get me through the doldrums :(

If anyone can help taht would be awesome

Taaaaaa

Matt :)

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited March 2020
    If you can afford it buy one, if renting is possible over a longish period it would probably cost you more.
    £200 maybe even less if you can sniff out a bargain (Decathlon?) will get you a Tacx T2240 wheel on smart trainer. I used to have one and never had any issues with it.
  • matt71
    matt71 Posts: 27
    Cheers mate will check it out thanks :)
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Ebay is another option, or even Facebook marketplace (find one local for cheap then sell it on later)
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940

If you can afford it buy one, if renting is possible over a longish period it would probably cost you more.
    £200 maybe even less if you can sniff out a bargain (Decathlon?) will get you a Tacx T2240 wheel on smart trainer. I used to have one and never had any issues with it.

They're not available for online purchase - only from stores and there is zero stock of them in South of England. I know, I've tried to get one.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Maybe Halfords, they have a few different brands.
  • matt71
    matt71 Posts: 27
    Cheers everyone for your help
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    PM sent.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • I recently hired a direct drive turbo trainer from Turbo Trainer Hire- they deliver nationwide or you can collect from them (based Redhill, Surrey). Highly recommend hiring as a 'try before you buy' to see if turbo training is for you!
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Said 'Sarah' from Turbo Trainer Hire.
    No webbie link?