monday folk down there really don't care, really don't care

'ning

in a led zep state of mind, nip out for nyt, wfh

may carry out planned acts of subversion, as opposed to the normal unplanned ones
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing at the moment, lovely bright sunshine, dog walked , I’ve also been to the supermarket and managed to get everything we need, I felt a bit guilty only spending £26
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Going to try and do some exercise while avoiding people. Looks a bit nippy out though and everything already feels like it has cramp.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long dog walk and now on spin bike whilst having a cup of tea to replicate sitting on the M42

Later is a run or bike ride
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod said:

'ning

in a led zep state of mind, nip out for nyt, wfh

may carry out planned acts of subversion, as opposed to the normal unplanned ones

Riding through cashmere?

All quiet here walked the dog, it's rather cold though. After yesterday's morons in various places looks like we are hurtling toward a total lockdown 🙄 hopefully I can still go out into the garage. Have to go out my gate to open the door as I put off cutting in a rear access, silly me now!

Anyway coffee an go for a run
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited March 2020
    Went for a run last night so the legs ache a bit, but it cleared the cobwebs away.

Now sitting in spare room working on year endy type stuff which is a bit dull but still keeps me occupied and out of Stressbag's way. Stropteen is doing her virtual homework in the study next door which thankfully is keeping her from getting bored.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Day 1 of working from home. Office broadband has gone done (despite 2 separately routed lines) so can't connect to the server.

Good start!
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • step83
    Longshot said:

Day 1 of working from home. Office broadband has gone done (despite 2 separately routed lines) so can't connect to the server.

Good start!

Ours is flakey, been asked to keep off it for now, they are currently re tooling to help this Corona fight so they need bandwidth.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'noon

WFH since 12th for me. Lot's going on. Mental Health taking a battering.

Turbo later, cuppa on balcony in a minute.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Ben6899 said:

'noon

WFH since 12th for me. Lot's going on. Mental Health taking a battering.

Turbo later, cuppa on balcony in a minute.

Suspect this might be a serious public health issue soon (not that it isn't already). Keep it up, it won't be forever. The OH is at work because her industry has key worker status, I'm WFH but it all feels a bit pointless at the moment
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    We had a staff meeting this morning and are carrying on at the moment, three sites over the next weeks are empty units so the fitters can be fairly isolated. WFH for staff isn't really practical but I can do bits.

Might go out on the bike tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Two staff in my office are trying to negotiate deals with local hotels for staff - those with high risk people at home and those from London facing lockdown. We need to act quick. It seem Hilton are negtoaiting at high level with the NHS and DoH, but the local smaller/independent hotels are making positive noises to us.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    I'm quite liking this WFH thing. Dragged the turbo into the sunshine and got 30 mins HIIT session in at lunchtime.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Had 5 mins of WFH this morning just to check things worked which they did.
    Had a reasonably nice day off doing sweet FA.
    Next door came home dragging something big in a bag, while carrying a can of petrol. Hope whatever it is isn't getting chucked over my fence - alight or otherwise.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Day working at home. Made shepherd's pie, which was guzzled by the gannets. Tyre and inner tubes arrived, which will be fitted tomorrow ahead of a swiftish 40 to 50k.
  • step83
    Soooo, welcome to lockdown, odds on some protest will kick off in the next few days?
  • step83
    True, I think I'm still safe to go to my garage though, I don't have to leave my own land to access it.