sunday listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise

'ning

another nippy but sunny ride beckons, energy bar in lieu of cake
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited March 2020
    Morning, noticeably colder today thanks to the easterly wind, solo ride to keep inline with the Govs / nhs / British cycling recommendations
    Have a good day
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Fairly quiet day, minor out and about stuff, then home to a lazy afternoon.

Considering demolishing a small shed to make way for a nice steel outdoor fireplace so we can sit and contemplate the view with a wine or three and burn things over the autumn and winter.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mother’s Day, so apparently I can’t go off and do what I want!

Normally don’t see anyone whilst walking the dog in the morning, today I saw a couple of blokes I normally only see in the pub. At the end of all of this, some people are going to be a lot fitter!
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Out at 9 for a solo ride. Hoping for a takeaway coffee at some point but just glad to get out. Be safe people.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

TLW, I'm not so sure the amount of food people have brought may suggest otherwise.

:)
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited March 2020
    tlw1 said:

Unless that is potentially infect your elderly, maybe not in such good health mother, you very much can go off and do what you want today!

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Unless that is potentially infect your elderly, maybe not in such good health mother, you very much can go off and do what you want today!

Phone calls to the old dears - this is a reference that apparently we are doing stuff with the kids today
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I shall officially class this as day 1 of this malarkey. ref:# CVD220320/1.
    Dunno when it ends.
    Must find a quiet place for a walk with family.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Need to drop a card round to the old dear and shout at her from a distance. Lad is cooking lunch here but needs to see what food he can find first. Choice available will dictate what we have.
    Going in to the office tomorrow to sort a few things out.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    nippywindy ride, it's quiet out, too quiet
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Slow start including lie in, dog walk in the park shortly then see what's left down the supermarket as we have a few bits n pieces to get. Run or bike later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

Slow start including lie in, dog walk in the park shortly then see what's left down the supermarket as we have a few bits n pieces to get. Run or bike later.

Our Aldi has most things - no dish cloths or bog roll but otherwise normal.

Costa have been bombarding us with emails saying they are open for takeaway so we went down and they refused to serve us - too dangerous to order at the drive thru apparently.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Our Aldi has most things - no dish cloths or bog roll but otherwise normal.

Costa have been bombarding us with emails saying they are open for takeaway so we went down and they refused to serve us - too dangerous to order at the drive thru apparently.
    Went to one of our local caffs this morning who were doing take out - same good stuff.

Also stunned when I went into Waitrose afterwards (only about an hour ago). Managed to get fresh veg, meat, chicken, fish and wait for it....bog roll :o This was after the oldies had their chance to do the supermarket sweep and stockpile spam.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Lovely blast on what shoudl be the summer bike very quiet car wise more people walking and horse riders than I usually see, which is nice.
    Been quiet for a few days been building a rather heavyweight workbench an re wiring the dodgy electrics in the garage. Still more of it to do main job was fitting a consumer box got some more cables to run for lighting then a have a Covid Training Cave that doesn't intermittently go dark.

Gratuitous photo of my bike this morning in the sun.

• Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo you stirring it up a bit more elsewhere. Tut tut. o:)

Would I do that? :) Not my fault there are too many humourless bellends around...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

Stevo you stirring it up a bit more elsewhere. Tut tut. o:)

Ooo I'll have to go look. Shame there's not a handy one stop shop thread for these things.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited March 2020
    Just realised. It's Chain. The only song I skip past on Rumours.

Bought oven chips, peas, milk, bread and ham. Cooked for Mrs H³. Leg of lamb with tabbouleh and glazed carrots. Plenty leftovers for shepherd's pie tomorrow.

Walked the hound and the child, found a suitably empty part of the park. Haile Selassie is just round the corner.

Had to listen to the Italian hippies next door bash their bongos, but there's worse things in life.
  • sungod
    the '77 live at the budokan performances for go your own way, the chain, gold dust woman are good, much prefer them to the studio ones, you can find them on youtube

stevie nicks, sigh
  • hopkinb
    Will look them up. I like go your own way, gold dust woman and the rest of Rumours a lot. The Chain ruined for me by the driving round in circles telly programme.

Stevie Nicks circa '77 yes.
  • sungod
    and rhiannon, the ogwt video is excellent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_O4Ygcgh8w

in fact, i'm off to watch videos
  • hopkinb
    Oh, the "deluxe" recording of Rumours on Spotify has a bunch of live songs from '77. Wonder if the same.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Oh, the "deluxe" recording of Rumours on Spotify has a bunch of live songs from '77. Wonder if the same.

Songbird is a cracker.
  • hopkinb
    As is dreams.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    All that hair and sweat, christ things are so sterile now.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Songbird is a cracker.
    Find the (late) Eva Cassidy version of that, also beautiful.

• Wheelspinner
    step83 said:

Lovely blast on what shoudl be the summer bike very quiet car wise more people walking and horse riders than I usually see, which is nice.
    Been quiet for a few days been building a rather heavyweight workbench an re wiring the dodgy electrics in the garage. Still more of it to do main job was fitting a consumer box got some more cables to run for lighting then a have a Covid Training Cave that doesn't intermittently go dark.

Holy barrel distortion, Batman! Phone pic or proper lens?

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

step83 said:

Holy barrel distortion, Batman! Phone pic or proper lens?

Phone, doen't help the tree to the left is actually curved