Saturday, desperately seeking serenity.

Seems like it reading the stuff on here lately. Ooooooooh look, found it at the bottom of the garden on the dog walk this morning! Sat for a while just staring at it.

Onwards to pulling weeds out of the garden at Mum’s place because she can’t and the maintenance team are too busy. Argh.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    You utter, utter bar steward! 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well that sure looks serene Wheelspinner, official club rides cancelled until further notice, dog to walk, bike to ride
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    No more pub for a while :(
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    'ning

nippy

ridey ridey, sadly no cafes, hope the staff will be ok, sigh

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    tlw1 said:

I told you to get that home brewing kit.

Me sorting some stuff out me. OH and Toots will be on their last Saturday jolly to Gt Grandma's.

Need to source milk and med supplies, then Casa Pinno will be an Oasis, a refuge in this sea of uncertainty, away from the hoarding masses.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    oxoman said:

Morning, work then maybe sleep later. WS, looks like similar to my sister's place In New Zealand goes straight into the sea off the veranda. Idyllic most of the time, but no mains water or sewage, telephone line only no mobile signal and electricity supply sporadic at times. Nasty storms occasionally and miles from civilization, up side miles from hassle and no real nasty beasties that hurt when they bite or sting. I should have moved over when asked.

Electricity supply is pretty reliable. We also have no mains water or sewerage, run our own tanks which is much nicer water. Septic system works fine. We can actually see the city of Hobart in the distance, about 50km to drive there. Not really that isolated, but delightfully quiet most of the time, exactly what we wanted after 30+ years in Sydney.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Hmm did your pubs close at normal-ish times last night?
    Heard rumours that down the road they sent the police in at 9pm across the city and made everyone go home :anguished:

Not much planned here, need to panic buy a HDMI cable and some kitchen cloths. Weather looks nice for a walk or something but everyone else probably has the same idea.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Turbo later again 😥 (Spain on lockdown)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832

Hmm did your pubs close at normal-ish times last night?
    Heard rumours that down the road they sent the police in at 9pm across the city and made everyone go home :anguished:

Normal late one with most then driving home 🙄
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Drove Mrs H³ to her office in the City to collect a bunch of home working equipment. Eerie. London is a beautiful city anyway (in my opinion -ymmv) but with empty roads, no people and bright spring sunshine and blossom trees and magnolias in bloom it's something to behold. :)

She's off having her hair done now, the boy is being tutored, and mini is doing some homework. I'm having a coffee and looking at the sunshine. Did think of a ride, but legs are a bit tired after battering my fauxmutes on Thursday and Friday. Hardly any traffic lights so no rests.

I've got the flowers, chocs and cards for the kids to give her tomorrow, and arranged for the same to be delivered to my mum.

Stay happy, healthy and safe.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    tlw1 said:

Some never to open again I’d wager. I normally stop somewhere on route to ‘rest and recover’ I have no idea what I’m gonna do now. The incentive to go out for a ride seems to have evaporated overnight

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning crowd,

Turbo done, ran with the dog done. More people smiling and saying hello on the dog walk than normal. Quite like the quiet, positive nature of the streets right now.

Proper home office set up. Team set up. Need to stock up the coffee.

Date has to continue going to work as a senior teacher.

May go buy some steaks, and more wine though the wine shelf is fully stocked.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Got tooth fixed by dentist yesterday which I'd rsther not have done but couldn't avoid. Job done and not too pricey.

Bit of a lie in this morning, followed by a spot of buying provisions, petrol and a spot of DIY. Some idiots still panic buying with Christmas sized trolley fulls. Luckily we're regulars of an independent fresh food supplier who do weekly deliveries so less pressure.

More jobs this afternoon including taking stuff to tip and charity shop etc. And obviously a lazy evening as there's sod all else to do, hopefully they will step up with films on the box etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Got fed up of the stitches as they were getting a little angry. So I took them out.
    Pity I won't see the district nurse now i've done that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    All a bit strange out, loads of people out on bikes round these parts. Family groups, serious cyclists and people just pottering about it seems. Anticipating more serious lockdown or going a bit stir crazy already.
    Went to buy some food for us and the old dear earlier, I think going to regular small shops rather than the weekly one will be the way for now.
    Lad said riding through London yesterday was great as it was almost entirely deserted.
    Trying to get the house ready for 4 people to be in here almost non stop. Think we’re in reasonable shape generally, trying to keep an eye out for others as well. Might get the lad to do some volunteering of some sort so he doesn’t get too bored.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    All a bit strange out, loads of people out on bikes round these parts. Family groups, serious cyclists and people just pottering about it seems. Anticipating more serious lockdown or going a bit stir crazy already.
    Went to buy some food for us and the old dear earlier, I think going to regular small shops rather than the weekly one will be the way for now.
    Lad said riding through London yesterday was great as it was almost entirely deserted.
    Trying to get the house ready for 4 people to be in here almost non stop. Think we’re in reasonable shape generally, trying to keep an eye out for others as well. Might get the lad to do some volunteering of some sort so he doesn’t get too bored.

So V, are you leaving your Mum's shopping on the doorstep, ringing the bell and running to a minimum safe distance?

We're just about set up for the long haul, but I want a better desk and desk light as I'll be spending most of my working time in a smallish room with poor views.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

So V, are you leaving your Mum's shopping on the doorstep, ringing the bell and running to a minimum safe distance?

We're just about set up for the long haul, but I want a better desk and desk light as I'll be spending most of my working time in a smallish room with poor views.
    For the most part, yes. Stand in the front garden and talk from there. If I have to go in and do something she keeps a distance.
    It’s more about me infecting her now as I’m out and about doing stuff. She’s in quite good spirits thankfully, she’s a very sociable type. The old man would have loved it, he was happy at home on his own.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

For the most part, yes. Stand in the front garden and talk from there. If I have to go in and do something she keeps a distance.
    It’s more about me infecting her now as I’m out and about doing stuff. She’s in quite good spirits thankfully, she’s a very sociable type. The old man would have loved it, he was happy at home on his own.
    Good plan.