friday scoffing pineapple like there's no tomorrow

'ning

coffee and wfh

imagine what it'll be like when the pineapple runs out, but one day there shall again be pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stockpile?

Ran morning and night for the last couple of days as due to various race cancellations my mate and I have a chance to run the west highland way next month. Get the feeling even that may be cancelled :(

Pub whilst I can later
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, much colder this morning, Sungod the shoppers in Lincoln seem to manage to empty every shelf in the shops and forget about fruit and veg
    I need to nip to the garden centre today to get some grass seed I hope the panic buyers have not emptied the shelves in there as well
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    it was metaphorical pineapple

plenty here, though international supply chains may eventually empty

being good and avoiding outside mingling is not exciting, yawn
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Off to the Eye Hospital clinic this morning, latest in the never ending series, clinics still running. Given the majority of the attendees are the aged, the infirm, the wheezies et al, maybe I will utter a small cough every now and then, just for the lols... 😉
  • orraloon
    What's a mask good for? Apart from making me look a d1ck?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    You're in an eye hospital, no one will see you looking a d1ck. ;)
  • hopkinb
    WFH. Shorter and less intense pedal. More WFH. Slurp coffee (I have plenty of my favoured Ethiopian beans). More WFH. Cook dinner. Plot how home schooling will work next week while trying to WFH. Hoping no lockdown so that builders won't leave the garden half finished, though I suspect they might carry on regardless.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    More WFH and still busy - doesn't help our year end is approaching.

Found a good little local butchers shop that can keep us supplied with meat while the supermarket lottery continues. I count that as a win.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Stevo_666 said:

Found a good little local butchers shop that can keep us supplied with meat while the supermarket lottery continues. I count that as a win.

That's a very good idea, I'll wander to my local butchers over the weekend see what theyve got, I just need to find a decent supply of coffee :)

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb said:

. Plot how home schooling will work next week while trying to WFH.

Someone sent round a link to some STEM stuff for kids to do (activities, teaching material) if they're that way inclined.
    I think it requires interaction with them, so might not be much help if you're trying to WFH.

• orraloon
    I have never seen Oxford city centre so quiet, any time of day or night. Weird.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 said:

I might get flamed for saying this, but coffee is something we can probably do without at a push...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Meh day. Cloudy with showers on and off. Severe case of CBA much of the day, finally managed some chainsaw fun for a couple hours this afternoon, followed by some shovelling of.... sand.

I only drink 2 coffees a day at most, but they are on my essentials list. The espresso machine is in for repairs at the moment, so am reliant on the pod thing for now. Just hope I get the machine back in the promised 10 days or there will be trouble!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I might get flamed for saying this, but coffee is something we can probably do without at a push...
    I used a smiley...i wasnt being that serious :(

if we cant lighten the mood once in a while we'll go stir crazy in this situation
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Still working from work. M&S were doing an hour for NHS staff, so I went there on the way in. Busy but sane, though they did have staff guarding the eggs. In fact there were dozens of staff on the shop floor.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Back in the office from a completely necessary meeting in Glasgow, hotel was almost empty which wasn't a bad thing as I got a decent swim in the pool.

Probably the last training swim though as our local pool is now closed as I suspect are most others.

I heard a good idea the other day, airport rules apply should we go into lock down!

Other than carrying on working from work, nothing much to report.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    awavey said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

if we cant lighten the mood once in a while we'll go stir crazy in this situation
    Sorry, should have used a smiley myself :smile:
  • orraloon

...airport rules apply should we go into lock down!

Ok, I bite. "airport rules"? Is that what happens in airport stays in airport, or is it hit the lager at 0645?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    formally, i think it's first bubbly before 0600
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited March 2020
    I successfully bought grass seed at my local DIY place LD. Plus other seeds. I doubt the grass seeds will make good flour.

Get a stovetop WS.

No coffee would be like hell.

Trying to find local delivery of milk. This will be fun.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    awavey said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I've got stacks of coffee beans, all roasted early March, so at their peak. You're welcome any time. You'll have to pass through a stringent disinfection process, and of course on the way you will have suffered a million close passes, but I do make a decent cup.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    pinno said:

I successfully bought grass seed at my local DIY place LD. Plus other seeds. I doubt the grass seeds will make good flour

I needed the garden centre anyway Pinno, although for a Friday it was nearly empty, on of the assistances said they have been very quiet all week
  • hopkinb
    I got passed on my ride today while I was blowing out of my ears. I buried myself trying to keep up with the guy, but he just kept pulling away, checking his watch, scratching his arse, eating a gel. I gave up and sulked. I got home and checked strava. He's on a semi pro team, with a sub 14 minute Richmond park lap i.e. 47 kph average over a rolling course. Lovely smooth pedal stroke.

Anyway, I then also remembered I'm 46 and fat.

All the pubs closed. What will TLW do?
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

Make the most of tonight and then finally build a bar at ours. We have a sun room that only contains the spin bike - so will be the perfect mix of pleasure and pain
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

Make the most of tonight and then finally build a bar at ours. We have a sun room that only contains the spin bike - so will be the perfect mix of pleasure and pain
    The pubs will be going for a knock down price now, so just buy your own and have a 1 man lock-in. There are worse ways to self-isolate.
  • hopkinb
    Oh, I bought quite a lot of pineapple in Wimbledon M&S food hall earlier. It, along with some fruit salad, was the only thing left in the fresh fruit and veg section. Obviously I live some distance from sungod. I fear it would have broken his heart to see his beloved fruit so lonely on the shelves, accompanied only by a tawdry melange of assorted unhappy melon and grapes.
  • pinno
    Surely SG must rescue said Pineapple?
    Or call the RSPCP.
  • pinno
    These stitches on my Thumb are starting to ache.

I feel a new thread coming on... (no pun intended).
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

The pubs will be going for a knock down price now, so just buy your own and have a 1 man lock-in. There are worse ways to self-isolate.
    Yeah it's daft: close the pubs immediately, dont all go out tonight and mingle, yet they have stock that won't keep so they'll be trying to flog it all.
    UK wide hangover tomorrow...

• tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

Imagine if I owned a pub I would end up not drinking