Opinions on this prototype please!!

Hi all, I am a student that has made a prototype product for storing your essentials (phone, wallet, CO2 inflator, pump, water etc) while mountain biking. I would love some feedback (brief positives and negatives) on this thread asap.
It has two internal dividers that can be removed, uses an attachment that works with almost all bikes and is 280-by-150-by-130mm
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I think fabric would be preferred ? On smaller bikes that would be touching the tyre - and things would rattle around in it. Still, nice work though. Maybe you could adapt it as a mailbox for left parcels or something ? Good luck.
  • fenix said:

I think fabric would be preferred ? On smaller bikes that would be touching the tyre - and things would rattle around in it. Still, nice work though. Maybe you could adapt it as a mailbox for left parcels or something ? Good luck.

Thanks Fenix! All feedback is really useful for my evaluation. I used plastic to try to protect the items if the bike falls, though fabric on the inside could be a good improvement. It is also lighter with just fabric so I see that that could be beneficial.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Unless I'm missing something, there's already a huge number of products under the category of 'seat pack' or 'saddle bag' which already do this kind of stuff...
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    To be brutal... Did you do any research on this at all? You say that it was initially put together for mountain biking, I don't see how that can work with a dropper post, or how having a wooden box behind the saddle is anything other than far, far worse than one of the many well designed saddle bags on the market. What is the advantage supposed to be?
  • I wouldn't like to put a phone in that, wouldn't be much left of it after an off road ride. Much better solutions in the market already.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Looking at the mounted position of the box above I'm pretty sure the backs of your legs would catch it.
    Old style Saddle Bags (still available) use mounts at the rear which most modern saddles don't have :( these help protect your legs :)

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Think this is a pss take fellas.

He's posted it in road general section now.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    redvision said:

Think this is a pss take fellas.
    He's posted it in road general section now.

Also posted in mtb-general