Rouleur Magazine - Great bunch of lads.

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Thanks for the tip!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,466
    Excellent. Everyone a winner.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    So, what are the best articles or issues of recent years that I should make sure to peruse while I have the chance?
  • Ta
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104

So, what are the best articles or issues of recent years that I should make sure to peruse while I have the chance?

Some of the earlier editions had some really extensive interviews, 5-6 pages of fairly dense text that went into proper detail on races, events and so on. I'd start at issue 1 and work forwards.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Robert Millar’s in Issue 13 was a standout for me. But then I did get into cycling through C4 & TdF highlights in ‘84.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Never read it so giving it a go. Looks like issue 52 from 2015 is as far back as it goes at the moment.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Very interesting thanks for the heads up, I’ve downloaded the app but not had a good look as yet
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Pross said:

Never read it so giving it a go. Looks like issue 52 from 2015 is as far back as it goes at the moment.

Ah! That’s pretty much when I unsubscribed* so perfect for me! 😎

*All magazines become “samey” after a prolonged period.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Quite a few of the most interesting looking editions (judging a book by its cover!) still have to be purchased. Lots of Boonen related covers to keep Chasey occupied assuming he has sufficient toilet roll.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    😁 :o I missed the smut, Pross - you cheeky boy!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,310
    Pross said:

Quite a few of the most interesting looking editions (judging a book by its cover!) still have to be purchased. Lots of Boonen related covers to keep Chasey occupied assuming he has sufficient toilet roll.

It's noticeable he's barely posted in four days. Is it too early to out him as a hoarder?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612

Pross said:

It's noticeable he's barely posted in four days. Is it too early to out him as a hoarder?
    You try working and having a 16 month old having tantrums every 20 minutes.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,310

Pross said:

You try working and having a 16 month old having tantrums every 20 minutes.
    To be fair, I'd be throwing tantrums as well if my dad was hoarding the loo roll.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format