tuesday heard, as it were the noise of thunder

'ning

coffee, will there be pastries, the suspense
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I'm sure you'll procure some pastries somehow.
    Bike's still in the car from yesterday, should go out somewhere and ride it while it's not raining.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cool and dry , tigger walked , poached egg for breakfast,
    I wonder if we will be having an enforced lock down in the uk ?
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH which I suspect will become the new habit soon. Will take the opportunity to do some exercise in the light later, then should really support the pub whilst they are open
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,440
    yep, wfh is going be the way for a while i think

roads etc. seem even quieter
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

yep, wfh is going be the way for a while i think

roads etc. seem even quieter

Roads were pretty quiet on the way in for me too.
    Then I looked at the time and it was only 7:10 - oops.

Trying to help sort our someone else's fkup but they've cancelled our meeting and say they can't do any other time this week. Boss is contemplating leaving them to fend for themselves.
  • sungod
    currently north of the border, very quiet airport, plane soon back home and that's it for a while i think

considering finding a cv carrier and snogging them, get it over quick
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

currently north of the border, very quiet airport, plane soon back home and that's it for a while i think

Not sure if that's a good idea: You'll catch it, get better, then you'll be back at work and have to pick up the slack while the majority are off ill :|
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    London is very quiet, unsurprisingly.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • sungod

sungod said:

Not sure if that's a good idea: You'll catch it, get better, then you'll be back at work and have to pick up the slack while the majority are off ill :|
    yeah, but if i get the bad version there'll still be hospital capacity, plus i get a snog, win win

mrs s feels i am being too blunt about the situation :smiley:
  • Longshot
    Our 75 year old chairman has reluctantly agreed to work from home - he feels like he's deserting us. His 60-something year old brother is have none of it and will just shut the door to his office - apparently that's self isolating enough.

We've sent some less essential staff home and the rest of us are making it up as we go along and most have the option to work from home, although that's being treated with suspicion by the brothers as it looks too much like a holiday.
  • sungod
    oxoman said:

...Only thing SG i have no wish to snog some old crinkly with cv

i was thinking of ski bunnies just back from italy
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

oxoman said:

...Only thing SG i have no wish to snog some old crinkly with cv

i was thinking of ski bunnies just back from italy
    Go to airport.
    Put up sign at airport saying arrivals from high risk areas this way.
    Direct them to your walk through testing booth.
    Conduct random tests.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Braved the local shops today, which was surprisingly well stocked all things considered. A few minor inconveniences, but no shortage of the essentials like eye fillet steak and shiraz, so counting that as a win.

Rode bike in my contribution to self-isolation... had the whole headland to myself.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, I can't see how our wedding will be able to go ahead a month tomorrow and the OH has been fairly inconsolable since about 6pm yesterday. I have a mate who's first kid is due in 2 weeks so I think some perspective is needed. Wedding meeting later on so I think we are going for a postponement to avoid as much lost cash as possible.

The sh1ts at work have closed the London office but have told everyone else to continue as normal for now despite government advice to work from home, no idea if I'm in a high risk category as I get the flu jab for asthma so I'm tempted to tell them to f*ck off. People keep saying it's up to me to make the decision but I'm not a f*cking virologist so how the hell am I meant to know?

Aside from that the sh!t has hit the fan over use of a work clothing/gear perk our old MD sanctioned but isn't in our new company's policy so I'm £244 out of pocket. It's amazing how 2 years of consistent buggering up of two companies is tolerated but the uproar over a few hundred £ personal allowance is apparently much worse

As you can tell, I'm not in a good mood.
  • haydenm
    The other thing to do is to cancel the lot and stick the entire budget into a FTSE tracker and hope the free fall has stopped. Double my money in a year then rebook somewhere less sh!t than the UK
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    haydenm said:

Morning, I can't see how our wedding will be able to go ahead a month tomorrow and the OH has been fairly inconsolable since about 6pm yesterday. I have a mate who's first kid is due in 2 weeks so I think some perspective is needed. Wedding meeting later on so I think we are going for a postponement to avoid as much lost cash as possible.

The sh1ts at work have closed the London office but have told everyone else to continue as normal for now despite government advice to work from home, no idea if I'm in a high risk category as I get the flu jab for asthma so I'm tempted to tell them to f*ck off. People keep saying it's up to me to make the decision but I'm not a f*cking virologist so how the hell am I meant to know?

Aside from that the sh!t has hit the fan over use of a work clothing/gear perk our old MD sanctioned but isn't in our new company's policy so I'm £244 out of pocket. It's amazing how 2 years of consistent buggering up of two companies is tolerated but the uproar over a few hundred £ personal allowance is apparently much worse

None of that is good news, but if it helps... Friend's daughter and her fiancee (an Indian chap) had their wedding scheduled for January this year, which had to be postponed because of the bushfires threat to the rural property it was to be held at. They re-scheduled for April... which is now also off. They did have a second ceremony in India in Feb with the groom's family, although my mate (bride's father) ended up spending 3 weeks in hospital in Mumbai with kidney infection and mild pneumonia. Now he's home, he's holed up out of harm's way in the highest of high risk categories... not that long ago he had benign tumours removed from liver, but subsequent golden staph infection.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    Ah Christ, that's bloody bad luck. There must be loads of people in similar situations, not good. I might try and get a registry office job done on the date next month then postpone the big do til next year, I suspect next year might be a bit sad due to reduced numbers anyway...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, still in the office doing gumph for who knows how long though we are officially closed.
    Most stuff I see now is events cancelled etc all very depressing to be honest.
    Work are closing the canteen for the foreseeable, they are giving away the perishables which is handy.

Currently trying to sort my RDP access so I can work from home at some point.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,201
    @oxoman - see Thistle for how to spell 'too'.

This whole CV thing is compounding problems. Still no word of schools shutting and I do want that to happen. We've a big enough garden to muck around in, i've got enough old bangers to fettle with and it will be online shopping. We are 50m from the nearest neighbour - unfortunately, they are elderly and in a high risk group. I can't even pop around to see how they are. Dunno how i'm going to get meds.

...and yes Stevo, it's just that they haven't found a med that works.

There's one serious flaw in your snogging plan SG. The only one's who'd actually want to snog you, will be the old crinkly type. :) Sorry and all that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    seem to have necked an entire bottle of bubbly before eleven, it's the only way to maintain stability

airport empty, i suspect zombie apocalypse is imminent

chatting with cabin crew, looks like a lot of redundancies on the way, feel for them, grim times
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    The City is like a ghost town.

Air crew (airlines in fact), anyone in the hospitality/tourism/entertainment industries - all going to be fcuked into a cocked hat. I suppose retail can fall back on online sales, but bricks and mortar retail is also going to be screwed.

I came into the office to discover that all the Japanese got a memo saying wfh as from this morning following Johnson's burblings last night. They forgot to tell the local staff. Taking advantage of an empty office to sh!t under a few desks before heading off with a sack of assorted stationery items. Not back until at least the 6th April.

Went to the bank earlier to get some readies for the builder (who is now doing the garden), I popped into Tesco while I was there, and found 4 lonely bog rolls, so liberated them. I also went into a small convenience store and asked if they had paracetamol - they did! At £4.99 for 16 . Cheeky profiteering c@nts. That's the good old blitz spirit of spivvery, black marketeering and crime.
  • sungod
    airports still have paracetamol at pre-virus price, got a few for mrs s as she's not supposed to take ibuprofen
  • thistle_
    haydenm said:

AI might try and get a registry office job done on the date next month then postpone the big do til next year, I suspect next year might be a bit sad due to reduced numbers anyway...

Can't you do weddings by Skype/Whatsapp these days?

• Longshot
    haydenm said:

Really sorry to hear that - it sucks.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Middle daughter presented me with another grandson. Whilst holes up in hospital she'd not heard about Boris,s statement. Looks like I won't be seeing him for a while.

Shame about not visiting but good news otherwise.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Went to lunch, came back, my new laptops been swiped, apparently someone needed it an have gone home. Good luck to them as I have not removed it from the directory a reported it stolen from within the office :D

Anywho shops are barren did some DIY shopping, B&Q was the busiest I have ever seen it, I'm assuming people are DIY shopping thinking if they are stuck in doors for X weeks, why not do Y job thats been put off for the last few years.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Been out shopping. Bought matches, firelighters and a crossbow. Gotta be prepared for the post apocalypse world.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,185
    pinno said:

...and yes Stevo, it's just that they haven't found a med that works.

Try cider mate, it worked for me.

Slightly mental day with people still adjusting to working from home after they closed the office yesterday (but then sent out a message saying there was a skeleton staff keeping the office open if anybody needed to come in - WTF?) No way I'm going back for a long time, just hope my packet of peanuts doesn't go too manky in my locker while I'm away.

Going for a run later to clear out the cobwebs. Then early-ish night as I stayed up too late for a school night last night.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,185
    haydenm said:

Sorry to hear that Hayden, life sucks sometimes :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,201
    Love's for a lifetime, weddings - one day.

[cliche hell]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!