Colnago C64 PKWH Dura-Ace Di2

13»

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Hmm. May have to get some of those in 24mm if I see a bargain. Very tasty.

The 24’s come out at closer to 23mm and the 26’s closer to 25mm if that helps.

The 28mm’s come up at around 27.2mm on the Bora’s. The 25mm GP4000’s came up at just under 27mm.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Need to see. The C59 doesn't have massive clearances under the fork and already I get some scraping from my 25mm Schwalbe Pro Ones if they pick up loose gravel. I think my rims are 17mm internal so not huge but even still I was planning on going GP4000 II when these go in 23mm as I understand they do come up wide.

I could always go 24F and 26R
  • shirley_basso
    Also, can you show a close up of the bar and front end routing from the front and also non drive side? Interested to see where the cables are running as I see you're not using the downtube port.
  • gweeds
    Here you go. I'm running the bar-end junction box for the Di2 bits. Both cables then run into the top tube on the non-drive side so the downtube cable option isn't needed at all. I did see a build online where he'd run the Di2 into the downtube and it looked horrendous and just had that one skinny cable flopping around the headtube. Grim.

41597258504_f6ddef38db_k.jpg

41417879445_71e6103f90_k.jpg
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • shirley_basso
    NIce, thanks. I think I am going to get mine re-routed the same, probably in the winter or when I go away without bike in June.

Still think heatshrink would look better!
  • forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    This is a gorgeous bike, really very nice. Good work!
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    That is lush. Something is telling me that I shouldn't approve of the Shimano on there but it just looks way too nice, stunning build, I'm very jealous.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    i keep coming back to look at this.....
  • gweeds
    Thanks chaps - it's had almost 2000 miles put on it now and every time I ride it it just gets better. I can't fault a single aspect of it.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,385
    Sooo nice, so very, very nice
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • beetle1
    beetle1 Posts: 189
    Super bike congratulations, just about to start my Mapei C64, cant wait! All the best
  • gweeds
    Thanks! Make sure you post pics of yours up. That's going to look amazing.
  • Love it when ppl put Shimano on a Colnago. Really upsets the "Tifosi", for some reason...

Lovely stuff. One day.....
  • gweeds
    It does trigger some people. Mad really, it's just a bike.
  • fiverears
    fiverears Posts: 38
    Thanks for sharing your photos of this lovely machine.
    your camera probably cost more than my ride lol.
    a site for sore eyes
  • Gawjus bbz.
    Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc 0 2021
    Nukeproof Digger Comp 2021
    YT Capra Pro Race 29 2018
    Genesis Tour de Fer 2018
    All City Big Block SS 2020
    Giant Defy Adv 1 2016
  • Ooopphh! This bike is stunning......(bit jealous :* )
  • gweeds
    Thanks folks. 10,000 miles on it now and still wouldn’t pick another bike over it.
  • spatt77
    spatt77 Posts: 324

Only in the UK would someones dream bike be Shimano on a Colnago

Theres always one! its gorgegous, i`v got a c60 and its a tremendous bike! enjoy
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,241
    gweeds said:

Thanks folks. 10,000 miles on it now and still wouldn’t pick another bike over it.

And it's still a beauty... keep enjoying it
    left the forum March 2023