my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining heavily at the moment, not a very good day for a 3 hr ride
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Dry here but organised run around the long mynd cancelled as the man flu has gone into my chest :(
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    tlw1 said:

Dry here but organised run around the long mynd cancelled as the man flu has gone into my chest :(

Are you sure it's just man flu? Do I need to go and disinfect our car park?

Lazy day here (what's new).
    Might have a go at building a bigger plane tracking antenna, although there's going to be fewer planes around to track this weekend.

Went to the supermarket late last night for some bits and pieces and they'd been cleared out of chips and bog roll, and people were there panic buying whatever was left :neutral:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Was SG still awake? If so fake post. If he just woke up, when does he sleep?

Bike is done cabled. BB to install and then good to go.

Otherwise quiet Saturday with the Date who is still full of cold and minging.

Hows the head Oxo, and hand Pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    as one gets older and weirder, one needs less sleep, though the nightmares do get more intense

soggy bleary london, roads quiet

standing in the shadow i was pleased to meet an old acquaintance honing his scythe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861

tlw1 said:

Are you sure it's just man flu? Do I need to go and disinfect our car park?
    Just avoid the middle on the right hand side
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    sungod said:

...though the nightmares do get more intense...

:)

The hand is good, though sedentary tasks for a week. A pity as I have a ride on lawn mower engine to fit, now partially rebuilt, just waiting on O rings and gaskets. If they don't turn up before my patience runs out, it will be Kellogg's Cornflake packets and thick house paint.
    Also want to pull the front end off the Porker and sort a few things. Where's a grease monkey when you need one?

Will try an indoor pedal with the hand initially and Kevlar gloves if I head out on the tarmac.

Oxo's head will clear (eventually :)). I get the feeling you feel lucky. It's a good feeling. I'm mainly pi$$ed off at myself.

@thistle_(mbnw) : Not quite the same but should keep a plane spotter happy:

https://www.flightradar24.com/55.94,-5.56/8

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited March 2020
    pinno said:

@thistle_(mbnw) : Not quite the same but should keep a plane spotter happy:

https://www.flightradar24.com/55.94,-5.56/8

Still quite quite few flights going.

Decent lie in, will brave the post office, petrol station and supermarket in a bit then see how it goes. Also will drop the boss a note about working from home for the time being as we haven't had the green light for everyone to do that, but it cant be far off so I dont expect any pushback.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    The upside of all these cancelled flights is cheap petrol.
    Soon empty roads and 2 or 4 wheeled yeehaa.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    coffee, followed by an amble to the shops more coffee & some passport photos later not that I expect Ill be using it this year now :) but got to feel like things will improve eventually, plus they can reuse the photo for your driving license
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    Slow and lazy start. Walked the dog along usual empty beach, followed by coffee. Some minor shed tasks before lunch.

Chainsaw activity this afternoon for a couple hours, then ...

Drinks.

Dinner, with drinks.

More drinks.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed, went out for fresh bread and pastries earlier. Shop was busier than usual. Presumably people will stop panic buying when they can’t get any more into their houses. The old dear said the only things she noticed in short supply in Italy was fresh fruit and veg, plenty of loo roll on the shelves.
    Self isolation is easier for Spinner I guess. Just make sure you have enough to drink people.
    Missed yesterday as too busy, Piña you plonker. Hope the hand is ok. Hadn’t twigged Oxo’s issue was triggered by CO, nasty stuff to say the least. I lost 4 friends to that some years back due to a blocked flue.
    Step, a friend of mine is in Oz working for an Italian team, not great for them.
    Have a good day everyone and be careful please.
  • Wheelspinner

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed, went out for fresh bread and pastries earlier. Shop was busier than usual. Presumably people will stop panic buying when they can’t get any more into their houses. The old dear said the only things she noticed in short supply in Italy was fresh fruit and veg, plenty of loo roll on the shelves.
    Self isolation is easier for Spinner I guess. Just make sure you have enough to drink people...

Yep, it is, although still getting the provisions in means a trip out. We can spend whole days not seeing anyone wishing 300 metres even if we wanted to!

Took a walk last evening over the back fence and up the hill. Nice spot for some quiet contemplation.

• Wheelspinner
    *Within ... not "wishing".. lol
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2020
    pinno said:

The upside of all these cancelled flights is cheap petrol.
    Soon empty roads and 2 or 4 wheeled yeehaa.

Yep, noticed that when I filled up earlier.

I even found some bog roll in Sainsburys. The trick seems to be being in the shop when the latest delivery gets put on the shelves.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Self isolation is easier for Spinner I guess. Just make sure you have enough to drink people...

Yep, it is, although still getting the provisions in means a trip out. We can spend whole days not seeing anyone wishing 300 metres even if we wanted to!

Took a walk last evening over the back fence and up the hill. Nice spot for some quiet contemplation.

You're in a good position to ride out the pox Spinner. Dont think I'll avoid it in suburbia, just trying to keep away from it until after junior does her A-levels.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Self isolation is easier for Spinner I guess. Just make sure you have enough to drink people.
    Missed yesterday as too busy, Piña you plonker. Hope the hand is ok. Hadn’t twigged Oxo’s issue was triggered by CO, nasty stuff to say the least. I lost 4 friends to that some years back due to a blocked flue.
    Step, a friend of mine is in Oz working for an Italian team, not great for them.
    Have a good day everyone and be careful please.

Good point V, when the pant wetters finally fill up their spare room or garage with bog roll and pasta, maybe we'll see a bit more of the stuff in the shops.

My grog stockpiling is going well, no shortage of that in the shops.