thursday is improbable

'ning

coffee, lab, webex, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, colder and windier out today, I have todo some shopping for my mum this morning, rest of the day to myself
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yep cooler which is rubbish. Hybrid commute on the rebuilt singlespeed will be a challenge with the forecasted weather
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Yep cooler which is rubbish. Hybrid commute on the rebuilt singlespeed will be a challenge with the forecasted weather

It's sunny so it will be fine.

Didn't see much coronovirus on the train this morning, when it eventually turned up.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pretty good drive into The Big Smoke this morning, even considering I set off about 6:15am. Thanks Gawd for company underground car parks. Now a bit tired though, so more coffee is required...

Office quite quiet so we can spread out a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Virus free so far and intending on staying that way as I've got a 50th house party to go to on Saturday night.

Just normal business here interspersed with reports of empty shelves and a lack of toilet roll.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Virus free so far and intending on staying that way as I've got a 50th house party to go to on Saturday night.

Just normal business here interspersed with reports of empty shelves and a lack of toilet roll.

My local supermarket was out toilet paper, pasta, pasta sauce, anti bac gel and most pain killers. its somewhat chaotic.

Anyway waiting to be sent home after a plague bringer was reported here, everyone is now looking in horror is someone sniffles, sneezes or coughs.
    My usually not overly bright (but super organised) minion piped up with a genius solution to working from home.

She correctly realised if you are trying to remote on from home an don't want to, just lock out your domain account, even if they unlock it from the network it remains locked on the local device and it looks like we will be banned from attending any company sites. I applaud her ingenuity.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

...I've got a 50th house party to go to on Saturday night.

I hope there is less than 100 people.

Me doing more DIY me. Meh.
    Weather is meh too.

Meh.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    I think there will be less than the recommended head count but I might take a respirator from our spray booth just in case.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Written a load of blurb on replacement assessments for all the exams this summer, the Professional Body stuff can be jibbed until the NMC et al make a comment. All a just in case, it would require someone on serious pay to make a serious decision.

Now onto other meh problems.

Visited the bike shop earlier to swap some Di2 cables, half of those provided are far too short for realist use.

Hound is happy shes had a few walks today.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    Fuuuuuuuuu!

Urgh race is off an everyone theres in now in quarantine least they are on the other side of the planet, an the weathers nicer
  • tlw1
    step83 said:

Fuuuuuuuuu!

Urgh race is off an everyone theres in now in quarantine least they are on the other side of the planet, an the weathers nicer

Texting my mate they were out in town on the beer
  • step83
    tlw1 said:

step83 said:

Fuuuuuuuuu!

They been told to come back to the hotel?
  • Stevo_666
    Wondering whether to make a break for it soon as the traffic looks quite good (for Central London rush hour that is).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

step83 said:

Fuuuuuuuuu!

They been told to come back to the hotel?
    Stopped sending me bar pics :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    oxoman said:

Evening all. Just spent an afternoons being looked after our country's finest nhs staff after being overcome with something nasty. I have to say their professionalism in the light of the beer virus is unreal. After a liberal dose of finest nhs oxygen and various tests they graciously let me out the back door so as not to exposed to the hoards of coughing people in A@E reception. Whilst waiting for a lift back I watched numerous taxi,s disgorge more people whilst disguised behind diy dust masks. I was glad to get away sharpish with nothing more than a few blood test holes and numerous ecg pads. Night ride called off for obvious reasons. Boss happy it's not an LTA just a major review of certain procedures. It was amazing what stuff people said when they think your unconscious, sadly for them whilst I couldn't respond then I heard everything. Tomorrow will be interesting for some. ;) PS I'm fully recovered, luckily.

'Kin L man. What hit you? Been sniffing dodgy stuff wiv da kids or wot? 😉

Good you are through and out.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Have you been affected by dodgy substances in situations that weren't your fault? You may be entitled to com-pen-say-shun. Call Sue, Grabbit and Runne on 0800-givemeyourmoney. Anyways, at least you're still alive.
  • thistle_
    Do they not give you gas monitors?
    I was lucky that I realised something was up when I suddenly forgot how to write and there was a funny smell, and I was halfway out when my alarm went off.
    What really pissed me off was that everybody refused to record it so nobody else knows it's a hazard for next time.

Nice and spacious on the train home for a change. This pandemic has some plus points.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Old dear is home and happy, I'm happy too.
    Glad you're ok Oxo.
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Working on top of a kiln and felt ruff, Co amongst other iffy substances. Give me evostick any day. Somebody forgot to do something and it wasn't me for a change. 2nd experience in 3yrs with 2 different companies in completely different industries. Companies don't consider what they can't see or hear when doing risk assessments. OOPS

Jesus, glad you are ok
  • Stevo_666
    Blimey Oxo, you were lucky if it was carbon monoxide.

Stay safe all. Tomorrow may be my last day in the office for a while.
  • thistle_
    edited March 2020
    step83 said:

My usually not overly bright (but super organised) minion piped up with a genius solution to working from home.

She correctly realised if you are trying to remote on from home an don't want to, just lock out your domain account, even if they unlock it from the network it remains locked on the local device and it looks like we will be banned from attending any company sites. I applaud her ingenuity.

Give her some kudos from me.
    I think it's the same at our place 😁