wednesday is diffeomorphic to tuesday

'ning

more airports, bubblies, planes, etc., keep dodging plague, do not get plague, no plague, none, not even a little bit
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I hope non of us catch the plague sungod, cold and dry, Tigger walked, just having a few cereals and coffee to follow
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Do have a sore throat and a headache......... :)

Work meh continues today, with a fun bike ride later with the local club to look forward too, if I get back in time
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    having the day's first bubbly, but i can hear some intermittent coughing in the lounge, may have to douse them in brandy and incinerate, to reduce risk and serve as a lesson to others
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod said:

having the day's first bubbly, but i can hear some intermittent coughing in the lounge, may have to douse them in brandy and incinerate, to reduce risk and serve as a lesson to others

Perhaps the message should be to self-immolate rather than self-isolate?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    yes, especially for members the government, they could even do it proactively to set an example for their followers
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

And throw them over the neighbour's fence
  • thistle_
    Today's forecast is the same as Monday so learned from the mistakes of others and didn't cycle in.
    Started off nice this morning but it's clouded over severely now - it was meant to get nicer up until lunchtime.

Plague banter in the office this morning.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman said:

Arghh they got me I've been censored. Oh the shame. :s

The Censor Virus!

Morning, dry bright an not actually to bad out. rolled in on the orange bike.
    No idea whats going on today carparks very sparse the ducks have face masks and news from our away guys isn't good. Whens it time to go to the Winchester an wait for it to all blow over?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Bloody legs ache as I walked across central London yesterday to avoid the tube. Should really have worn trainers.

WFH today, drive in tomorrow, cycle in on Friday. Rinse and repeat next week. Could also be a good reason to tell the auditors to **** off. Social engagements in town are falling like nine pins and we're getting re-runs on the box of films like '28 Days Later', which probably doesn't help those of a nervous disposition.

Might be time to start stockpiling wine, cider and gin :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2020
    step83 said:

Whens it time to go to the Winchester an wait for it to all blow over?

Great film Step. I have a few colleagues where the idea of removing the head or destroying the brain sounds quite appealing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod

sungod said:

And throw them over the neighbour's fence
    where is mf when his country needs him
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    cough, splutter, sneeze

Hi
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Reasonably pleasant wobble in this morning, better than the wobble home last night at any rate. The zombie apocalypse has started it seems.
    The old dear has managed to get booked onto another flight by the look of things, thanks for asking Stevo. Hopefully it will work out ok. Unfortunately it lands at Stansted which is miles away. Told my boss I'd have to leave early to pick her up. Unfortunately he spoke to HR and they want me to self isolate if I go, even though the NHS website says there is no need. I said it was ok as there is lots I can do from home without interruptions. They said if I'm off I can't work from home and will only get SSP! The reasoning is that it's not fair on others that don't have the option of working from home. What a load of ballcocks. So if advice is that I don't need to be in isolation should I just come in anyway? I think I'll try to get a cab.
    Out for Wednesday and a mate's birthday tonight so we will be eating out. How do you eat with a mask over your mouth?
    Stevo_666 said:

That's sensible stockpiling.
  • Stevo_666

The old dear has managed to get booked onto another flight by the look of things, thanks for asking Stevo. Hopefully it will work out ok. Unfortunately it lands at Stansted which is miles away. Told my boss I'd have to leave early to pick her up. Unfortunately he spoke to HR and they want me to self isolate if I go, even though the NHS website says there is no need. I said it was ok as there is lots I can do from home without interruptions. They said if I'm off I can't work from home and will only get SSP! The reasoning is that it's not fair on others that don't have the option of working from home. What a load of ballcocks. So if advice is that I don't need to be in isolation should I just come in anyway? I think I'll try to get a cab.

Stevo_666 said:

Definitely get her a cab, be worth it compared to SSP.

I'm busy stockpiling booze, as there's no bog roll left to stock pile - again...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Afternoon folks, still virus free here and the world hasn't collapsed however following a trip to Asda at lunch I can confirm the rumors are true; they've run out of toilet roll, dry pasta and tomato pure'
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'm busy stockpiling booze, as there's no bog roll left to stock pile - again...
    A friend of mine is going to get her. Wimbledon to Stansted and back around evening rush hour, he's a very good friend. He's got a mid-life crisis car so may have the roof down and give her a blanket to protect himself from contamination.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Depends how you look at it: I'd love an extra 2 week's off work even if unpaid so ssp would be a bonus.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    well theyve banned all business travel at work now, and arguably are discouraging you from personal travel/attendance at events if you read the instruction in a certain way.havent asked us to work from home yet, but I assume its a possibility as the situation gets worse.

maybe my mind playing tricks but it sure feels alot quieter on the roads
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Meh - Rain, errant oil pump in GXV engine causing cam shaft failure, C19, paperwork, DIY...

Only 1 ray of light - I squeezed in extra coffee and carrot cake.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Depends how you look at it: I'd love an extra 2 week's off work even if unpaid so ssp would be a bonus.
    You could always go round licking door handles etc.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

You could always go round licking door handles etc.
    Alternatively, find a prossie in Hertfordshire, it's hotspot.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, not sure whats happening with work now, one of the guys in our building has gone into self isolation, apparently he has a high temp. I'll be taking the rubbing alcohol in a spray tomorrow as an anti human deterrent/mouthwash/cleaner.