tuesday is a mathematical abstraction

'ning

oscillating between euroland and london, should get my five a day ok, bubbly that is
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild with some spots of rain on the dog walk this morning
    Busy day again, the car needs to go in for a recall as well
    Have a good day
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, blustery and I have ear ache which is delightful. Also office is eyeing up sending all but essential personnel home, unfortunately I fall into the essential personnel bit :|
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Been to dentist. Now on train into town for more of the usual. May start avoiding the pox factory known as the tube soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    hiding under my desk after a student got the plague. They have to stay in bed for two weeks and keep away from uni, no change there then...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Mum and dad have managed to get flights back to Manchester from Milan on Thursday evening, lets see what changes in the next 24 hours.
    Got my smart trainer set up on Zwift last night, joined a group ride, got dropped.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    edited March 2020
    chaos at work, people being idiots. Date is sick, loaded with cold so the dog is looking after her.

Started dismantling the bike, ran out of time, not sure when I will find more time to put it together/clean it etc.

I don't mind a zwift group session, but I'd always start a bit below your ftp. too many sandbaggers.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    First time on it to be honest, and I'm a bit sheet at the moment so no excuses but just getting used to it and the mobile app etc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    something is better than nothing
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    My treasury manager just told me he was going home as he wasn't feeling too great. fortunately he had none of the Corona symptoms but I told him GTFO now just in case. I'm pedalling again tomorrow even if my legs will hate me for it.

Song for the day in the meantime:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=LnqWQnbvjuQ
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Plague warning here too. Someone had a meeting with someone went to a conference with an italian guy a few weeks ago and the italian guy's got it so some people have been told to gtfo and work at home.

Nice hybrid commute this morning, although not looking forward to the headwind home.
  • homers_double
    Even after the latest ryanair release parents are still flying back on the 12th and will spend two weeks at home.

Dad said he'd rather just stay there up in the mountains as it's really quiet so little chance of coming into contact with anyone.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    edited March 2020
    It’s always a ferkin headwind to ‘Our’ carpark
  • tlw1
    Today has been pants work wise, had enough now
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Did you flounce or tough it out?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Did you flounce or tough it out?
    Just finished :(
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2020
    Not good. I only just got on the train after walking from the office to Victoria to avoid the petri dish (tube).

On the way I managed a decent swerve round a woman talking loudly into her mobile in Italian and some ****er who looked like he was about to sneeze :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

Even after the latest ryanair release parents are still flying back on the 12th and will spend two weeks at home.

Dad said he'd rather just stay there up in the mountains as it's really quiet so little chance of coming into contact with anyone.

Hope they make it back ok, the old dear was supposed to be on a BA flight out of Verona today but it got cancelled. She's probably going to just stick it out now. Still going to the bar for her morning coffee though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Meh, missed today's (yesterday's) thread.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Hope they make it back ok, the old dear was supposed to be on a BA flight out of Verona today but it got cancelled. She's probably going to just stick it out now. Still going to the bar for her morning coffee though.
    I was going to ask how your old dear was as last time we heard she was in Verona. Hope she can get by OK.
  • homers_double

Thank you, so far so good as all flights still according to plan.

Advocate of disc brakes.