Tall guy who wants to get into Mountain Biking :-)

I'm 6'7", but am having zero luck in finding a mountain bike that'll fit my needs outside of raising the seatpost some crazy amount. Any thoughts?

Comments

• jollygiant
    jollygiant Posts: 117
    Canyon are your go to people.

I'm 6ft 6 and have an Aeroad and Grail both in 2 XXL and there is room for more on the seat posts for adjustment.
  • rwoofer
    rwoofer Posts: 222
    I'm 6'6" and get on well with a 22" Voodoo Bizango. Could do with a slightly longer reach, which can be solved with a new stem. To be honest, even for tall people, different bikes will work depending our your relative length of legs to spine. My inside leg is 95cm, but I know some people at my height who are considerably longer and therefore struggle with bike fit.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    I'm 6ft 7 and still ride an 26" XL Kona Hoss from 2007 because of the lack of ability to find a 29" hardtail that fits as well as that does (and is able to take my rather considerable bulk- i'm definitely Clydesdale class)

Good look finding something - will be interested in where you end up!
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Cannondale has XXL size bikes. I am 6ft 5 and fit quite nice on the smaller XL