Buying my first full suspension

Hi. I’m looking at upgrading to my first full suspension mountain bike and have narrowed it down to 3 choices. I class myself as a trail rider but my thing is long distance, off road adventures. I have always ridden a hard tail but I am heading to Torrindon next month and have entered The Crossing later in the year so I feel like now is the time to take the leap.

I have a budget of around £1,500 and the three bikes I like are the Vitus Mythique 27 VRS, the Triple B and the Canyon Neuron AL 7.0.

I went to ride the triple B as I loved the spec and although it is very nice looking, the bike felt very bulky. A few of my friends suggested that all modern full sus bikes are getting bulkier due to the tyre widths and geometry but I didn’t immediately fall in love. That being said, the ride was in the store for about 10 metres. The other two impress me on paper but I am concerned that I am unable to test ride.

Any advice and opinions would be welcomed. Thanks

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    I would get the Neuron. The spec is better than the Vitus, and the Bossnut/Triple B doesn't pedal as well. I have the previous model Neuron, which was admittedly shorter travel, and it's great over long rides. I previously had a Bossnut, and while it was fairly good on the trails, it wasn't as good over distance.
  • Thank you. To be honest, I am leaning towards the Neuron but am concerned that I’ve not ever seen one up close that I can remember and that I can’t test ride. Did you just take a punt on your one or did you manage to test one first?
  • whyamihere
    I just took a punt. Canyon have relatively frequent demo days, you can see the UK ones here: https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/events/?countries=GB

If one of those is close to you before you want to buy the bike, they may have a Neuron to try.
  • whyamihere
    edited March 2020
    Duplicate post.
  • whyamihere
    edited March 2020
    Duplicate post.