sunday planning the meet at har megiddo

'ning

mild with possibility of soggy it seems

summon willpower, ride far, swig coffee, scoff cake
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, much sogginess here with a stronger wind, both the dog and myself are wet through, not sure if I will be cycling today,
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Relaxing morning, but that's mainly because Stressbag and Stropteen are out and the hounds are snoozing. Will take them out soon to the woods/park/decommissioned golf course.

Then maybe some weights.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Very windy and damp for this mornings TT.

Day currently undecided, but a 3am finish may have killed the wife, so could be a lazy day
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Stevo_666 said:

...decommissioned golf course.

Soon to be houses in Tory land concrete utopia?
    Stevo_666 said:

Then maybe some weights.

You're far to old for that.

Toots swam, logburner prepped, lunch to make, jobs to do...

It's breezy but sunny and... dry!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, very windy out very hard ride and a fun puncture. Turns out I didn't have any tyre levers, turns out a through axle lever is a great tyre lever!
    Anyway home coffee and tyre lever hunting to commence.
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2020
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Then maybe some weights.

1. Nope, council is planting some trees, has put a few footpaths in, recreated the lake that used to be there decades ago and created some wetlands. And put in a good little cafe by refurbing an old stable block. Golf is boring so big improvement.
    https://theguardian.com/travel/2019/jul/19/beckenham-place-park-lewisham-london-lake-woods-rewilding

2. Nope again :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Stevo_666 said:

/Nope, council is planting some trees, has put a few footpaths in, recreated the lake that used to be there decades ago and created some wetlands.

Oh come on; half of Engerland is 'wetland'.

[now]

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

/Nope, council is planting some trees, has put a few footpaths in, recreated the lake that used to be there decades ago and created some wetlands.

Oh come on; half of Engerland is 'wetland'.

[now]

Not where we are, so it's a nice change. The dogs seem to like it as well.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Then maybe some weights.

1. Nope, council is planting some trees, has put a few footpaths in, recreated the lake that used to be there decades ago and created some wetlands. And put in a good little cafe by refurbing an old stable block. Golf is boring so big improvement.
    https://theguardian.com/travel/2019/jul/19/beckenham-place-park-lewisham-london-lake-woods-rewilding
    That's brilliant, if only they'd do that with more golf courses. Unfortunately I suspect HD's prediction is more likely so that's the only thing that excuses golfists and their silly trousers.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Then maybe some weights.

That's brilliant, if only they'd do that with more golf courses. Unfortunately I suspect HD's prediction is more likely so that's the only thing that excuses golfists and their silly trousers.
    That was the last municipal golf course in Greater London, so there's none left our corner of the world. Great place for the hounds to run and muck about.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Then maybe some weights.

That was the last municipal golf course in Greater London, so there's none left our corner of the world. Great place for the hounds to run and muck about.
    When I was a student many moons ago, there was an old golf course and I used it to practice my crap mountain bike skills on a rigid Marin pine mountain :)
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Then maybe some weights.

When I was a student many moons ago, there was an old golf course and I used it to practice my censored mountain bike skills on a rigid Marin pine mountain :)
    I dodged the odd golf ball on a bike.