Stages + 10 speed HT2 crankset

Any issue in mounting an R8000 Stages left crank on a 10 speed Shimano HT2 crankset? It says it's compatible with ALL HT2 cranksets and I don't see why it wouldn't be.

As an aside, does Strava take power meter data even on the basic (free) account, or you need to be a Summit member?
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,116
    I use a 6800 Ultegra 4iii PM and move it across my TT bike using 7800 Dura Ace 10 speed, my race bike using 6800 Ultegra and my winter bike using 5800 105 (both 11 speed).
    No issues at all, works fine on all and really easy to change across.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    and yes - Strava does take power from a PM - you don't get to see it on the mobile platform though - just desktop version.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,171
    OK, it's on order with 0% finance... :)
  • ugo.santalucia
    Arrived on friday, first ride yesterday... easy to install and pair with the Garmin, no problem at all... some interesting figures... didn't realise going up to 500 Watt was that easy... of course staying there longer than 10 seconds is the hard part. Haven't done a decent climb yet... with a bit of luck they'll send us all to work from home in mid March and I can do a lot more cycling... :)
  • Arrived on friday, first ride yesterday... easy to install and pair with the Garmin, no problem at all... some interesting figures... didn't realise going up to 500 Watt was that easy... of course staying there longer than 10 seconds is the hard part. Haven't done a decent climb yet... with a bit of luck they'll send us all to work from home in mid March and I can do a lot more cycling... :)

We wait with bated breath for your first 500W 1min effort. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • ugo.santalucia
    That'll be a while then... :D

I need to see how much power I need to improve my PBs on the local climbs, seeing that I am going to join the Hill Climb TT brigade this coming autumn.

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

That'll be a while then... :D

I need to see how much power I need to improve my PBs on the local climbs, seeing that I am going to join the Hill Climb TT brigade this coming autumn.

HA it will change how you ride and train, (at least until you have it all worked out)

i do 500w + minute intervals and they are absolutely brutal. I also will not be challenging any one in a hill climb :)