Prime RR 38 V2 wheels

Anyone using these wheels currently on offer from Chain Reaction cycles .
My Bomb proof Mavic Ksyrium sl Wheelset is getting past it’s best and I need a set of wheels suitable for the very hilly terrain where I live.
Thanks

Comments

• I own both the regular and the black edition Prime wheel sets in the 50mm. I have been very pleased with them. They roll well and have held up and stayed true. The value, packaging and speed of delivery is top notch. My only nit pick is the regular set is rim brake and the braking is so so. worse in the west. The Black edition has adaptors, valves, spare spokes and come taped for setting up tubless.
  • casatikid
    casatikid Posts: 229
    Bluskies313. Many thanks for your comment. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so.
    I expected a carbon rim brake wheelset to not be as good at braking as discs but depends on how bad they are.
    I own a pair of Giant carbon rim brake wheels and they are pretty good in all weathers.
    The wheelset I’m replacing has been brilliant. I’m just wondering if I should just stick to an alloy rimmed wheelset. I’ve looked at the Exhailths but heard varying reports on them also.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I've had 2 sets of Prime wheels - RP-50 and now 60mm Black edition. They take a lot of punishment and have stayed round. Mine are discs, so I can't comment on the braking capabilities of the rim braked version. However, fwiw I am more than happy with build quality etc. Spares are also very easy to get hold of.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Re the braking. I've got the original RR50s but I use Campagnolo/Fulcrum Red pads rather than their own supplied ones (I know that can invalidate the warranty...) and it's as good as my alloy rims for stopping in the dry. Wet is OK.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    "roll well" ffs...
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    edited March 2020

"roll well" ffs...

It does not matter if they "roll well" or not as long as they "spin up quick l".
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited March 2020
    casatikid said:

Anyone using these wheels currently on offer from Chain Reaction cycles .
    My Bomb proof Mavic Ksyrium sl Wheelset is getting past it’s best and I need a set of wheels suitable for the very hilly terrain where I live.
    Thanks

I think the Ksyriums suit heavier riders. Mine gave me such a harsh, stiff ride and I didn't find that they were good for climbing. Sold them and bought a set of Fulcrum's - bomb proof like the Mavic's but a bit lifeless and heavy then went G3 pattern Sirocco's, upgraded to Eurus. Lovely wheels - good for climbing.
    My other wheels are the Shimano CL35's - pricey but gorgeous and surprisingly strong and durable. My legs aren't good enough for them but they are sublime.

What's your budget?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • casatikid
    casatikid Posts: 229
    Pinno, I have replied to you. Thanks