friday outstaring the basilisk

'ning

brekkie, head to airport, lounge, bubbly, fly, bubbly, land, home, relax, enjoy not being on a plane for a few days

i'd hoped the rain would stop while i was away, sigh, flying back to sogginess
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a fine morning here , but I see there’s another storm coming over at the weekend, usual dog walked, going to the garden centre later.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Looks wet out, again

Another weekend another storm, unfortunately it’s the youngest rugrats birthday party, so let’s see how the planned mountain bike party is in reality

Later is pub, well it needs to be!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited February 2020
    Last day of a busy week, but no rest for the wicked as were off to Liverpool tomorrow at stupid o'clock for a university offer holders open day. I've made sure my Demba Ba Chelsea top has been washed for the occasion.

Update: it's now the only university offer she has after Bristol binned her today. So it's Scouse or bust...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,524
    lounge scoffing paprika crisps, stroopwafels and bubbly, they are out of coconut rochers though :(

hoping the onboard won't be the smoked salmon lumps a la glop again, may skip it

looks like tomorrow's ride will be a soggy one, but i have calories to burn off
  • Surprisingly nice day after the last couple. Much DIY faff interspersed with coffee, lunch and some sun-lounge-lizarding.

Rode a bike this arvo on a hunter gatherer mission (ok, shop in next town to get stuff).
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning folks,
    Very glad it's Friday, reasonably quiet weekend ahead.
    Mild hangover in evidence after one more than was wise on a school night, but it was good fun. The EPO wasn't best pleased as I woke her up fighting the lock when I got in. Tried to lock the chubb lock as usual and it wouldn't work, tried the daughter's key to see if that worked. Then opened the door to try the lock with the door open, nothing. Tried with the key on the outside and still nothing. Gave up and shut the door thinking I'd look at it properly today. EPO was woken up by the noise and came downstairs asking what was going on, told her the lock was playing up. She put her key in the door and locked it, then asked me how drunk I was. I know the lock will fail again at some point so do I take it out and fix it or leave it so she realises eventually it wasn't me?
    The old dear is still in Italy and still coughing, but she's ok. Hopefully her movements won't be curtailed too much.
    Wobble to work was only mildly moist this morning, I expected worse so was quite relieved. Roll on spring. Might be entering a silly off road ride for gravel bikes, being rebellious I'll be doing it on a CX bike.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Coffee, Feta, Char grilled peppers, smoked ham and tomato Panini was had. Plus side salad with lots of black Olives.

Drive there and back was filthy filthy windy windy and wet wet wet but the bends were luverly.

I thought you were long and thin VN, can't you fit through the cat flap?

Too much bubbly SG. How many mins on the bike equates to bubbly/calorie intake output equilibrium?

Pretend you nicked the car Stevo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    pinno said:

Pretend you nicked the car Stevo.

We're going on the train, as fighting our way through London and up the M1/M6 with all the sodding roadworks and speed restrictions would have taken even longer. Tickets are dirt cheap as well, guess they need to be to allow Scousers to travel.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,524
    pinno said:

...Too much bubbly SG. How many mins on the bike equates to bubbly/calorie intake output equilibrium?

too much? not sure that's possible

should be able to burn off bottle of brut in 30 mins if pushing

no salmon lumps this time, ba managed a nice deli platter with a bowl of fresh berries for pud, yum