thursday contemplating chromodynamics

'ning

early ride to airport, head to lounge for brekkie, fly, land, fly, land, fly, land, not sure when i'll have the first bubbly as split second timing may be required at the second connection, later meet gmc chum for chat/dinner somewhere in euroland
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a bit of the white stuff falling here, dog walked, easy day should be finished by 2 o’clock.
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    looks soggy out

unable to resist lounge bubbly with brekkie, oh well
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Bit of snow on the way to the train station, and got there before the train this time.

Doing something that's not Pilates later, couldn't hear what the voicemail said it had been changed to.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH which should have meant pub last night but went for a run instead :( due to FIL 2nd stroke & big hound damaging his leg - one cost me a lot less thankfully

Later is swimming and then pub - probably
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, bit of snow has reduced the traffic to a crawl. Someone said I walked past them coming to work, they got here after me.
    Anyway off to be hypnotised by snow
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Some snow is falling in central London. That's it, it'll all grind to a hlat in minutes, despite the fact it won't even settle.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Longshot said:

Some snow is falling in central London. That's it, it'll all grind to a hlat in minutes, despite the fact it won't even settle.

Just getting into The Big Smoke on the train, can't see snow but it looks a bit crap out there.

Spot of WFH earlier now time for some whip cracking with the minions. Ride home later as bike got ditched at the office on Tuesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

Just getting into The Big Smoke on the train, can't see snow but it looks a bit censored out there.

Spot of WFH earlier now time for some whip cracking with the minions. Ride home later as bike got ditched at the office on Tuesday.

It's still just about snowing in Holborn right now.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    hmm, was raining and not nippy when i left london

just done second land waiting to get off, already three bubblies, fly three awaits
  • tlw1 said:

WFH which should have meant pub last night but went for a run instead :( due to FIL 2nd stroke & big hound damaging his leg - one cost me a lot less thankfully

Later is swimming and then pub - probably

That's not good news @tlw1 :(

Much cooler and windy today. Into town to do a few errands. Dropped off PC back at Mum's all updated and sorted.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Snows stopped all very boring, never get any decent volumes now.
    Was meant to be in Spain this week but the Toyota Corrola Virus means were all on restricted travel, Boo hiss
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    edited February 2020

Bit of snow on the way to the train station, and got there before the train this time.

Doing something that's not Pilates later, couldn't hear what the voicemail said it had been changed to.

Colonic irrigation?

Bit of snow here. It was a toss up between van and porker. Took the porker which behaved very well.

What's 'FIL' TLW? Doesn't sound good.

Shouldn't it be Dongfeng, Geely or Chery Virus Step?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    I think Zhonghua Virus sounds more menacing, though when I try an say it in my head I have Ming the Merciless flash into my head, eye brows and all.
  • pinno said:

Colonic irrigation?

Bit of snow here. It was a toss up between van and porker. Took the porker which behaved very well.

What's 'FIL' TLW? Doesn't sound good.

Father In Law
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, hope everything is ok TLW. Beautiful sunny day here, might get out for a wander at lunch. Still dying of coronavirus, genuinely wouldn't be surprised but the government advice would say not.

I have an auto caddy as a courtesy car, the vw auto is rubbish.
  • tlw1
    Thanks re FIL comments only a minor stroke, unfortunately it’s the 2nd one in a month
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    TIAs or full on stroke? My dad in his later years had several TIAs aka mini-strokes, but fortunately coped and recovered more or less, never suffered from a more serious hit. Best wishes to your f-i-l.

Gym session done, a bit of light pottering now the sun has come out and things have dried up, and off soon for my annual MOT at the medical centre.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional Thursday morning hangover has long since gone, I'll be starting on my Friday morning hangover before long as out with the neighbours tonight, really should try to avoid the lock in.
    Hope all goes as well as it can in the circumstances TLW, look after the current wife. Let me know if you need any help in that department, etc, etc...
    Went to see my mate that had a few strokes recently, he's hoping to start coming in to work for short periods soon.
    I've said for some years that strokes don't seem to get the attention or funding they seem to justify, I think it's because they are not high profile enough.
    Chilly wobble to work in the rain this morning, it tried to snow but there was no chance of it settling. Hopefully it will be dry for the return leg.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Annual MOT results all good. Bar coming in at +4kg vs this time last year. Ok, def more upper body muscle mass given my gym regime following physio and chiro recommended exercises to address clavicle issue. But also def pot belly after series of cold bugs this winter, too much sitting about moping, eating, drinking, doing SFA. C'mon springtime and dry roads.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197

...as out with the neighbours tonight...

The one's to the left or the right of you?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Orraloon - TLA, they are letting him out tomorrow so can’t be too bad

V68 - cheers dude, much appreciated

The worse thing is the wife didn’t want to go to the pub when I got back from swimming :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    tlw1 said:

Thanks re FIL comments only a minor stroke, unfortunately it’s the 2nd one in a month

Hope he's OK.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Hope the FIL recovers tlw1, sounds OK this time but can't imagine you want it to happen on a regular basis.

No colonic irrigation, although maybe I should double check next time just in case. Still not really sure what it was meant to be: balancing on yoga balls, sit ups and generally titting about but it was good fun.

Washing machine wouldn't spin after putting my running/gym kit in the wash so it's been taken to bits, put back together and now it's fine. Brushless motor on the next one I reckon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

...as out with the neighbours tonight...

The one's to the left or the right of you?

To the left and opposite, those to the right were mentioned as one of the others had knocked on their door and asked them to move their tank as they were hogging two parking spaces. The woman told him it was the kids fault and she couldn't move it, didn't think the kids could drive with the eldest being about 8 years old. I may have mentioned before that they are selfish cnuts. :D