tuesday here there here

'ning

swift trip to euroland, may hold off the bubbly until the return flight, should be back in time for lunch

intangible prize for whoever first names the film that inspired today's title
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry but very cold, hopefully we will not be seeing any snow here on the east side of the country, another busy day ahead,
    Sungod no idea about the film
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Can't figure out the film. Sounds like a description of one of Sungod's quick trips to euroland though.

Pondering whether to drive/bike/train to work. Forecasting rain, turning to snow for the way home.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Cold wet and windy in the Creative County. Yet another relaxing day stretches out before me.
    Was it The Hobbit, SG? There and back again.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Work meh happening after you won’t believe but a wet and muddy hound walk
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel

Sorry @tlw1 my dog walk was in flawless sunshine and 20 deg C this morning, on the beach. Coffee, then back to the beach for another hour and a half for a few swims...

Son's Help Desk duty this afternoon, fixing mother's radio (tuned to a lovely static white noise channel somehow), and PC which is in desperate need of a cleanup and upgrade.

Onwards to shiraz by the bucketful.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Some weird glowing orb in the sky this morning, I called the police who are going to investigate it after morning tea (village police for you). Mean time I deployed the dog to scare it off but it didn't work, also said dog was more interested in a patch of weeds an refused to bark at the orb, it can't be right it hurts to look at.

Anyway hiding in the office now so I don't catch Corona Virus off it, Rickets will do me very nicely thankyou.

Its dry an not windy also for a change, what ever is the world coming to?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I'm self quarantined today as my coronavirus doesn't seem to have got any better. Maybe a bit to close to the truth actually, I feel pretty awful. Got the fire on and I'm attempting some work, might go for a wander with the dog in a minute if I can make it up the road
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    haydenm said:

I'm self quarantined today as my coronavirus doesn't seem to have got any better. Maybe a bit to close to the truth actually, I feel pretty awful. Got the fire on and I'm attempting some work, might go for a wander with the dog in a minute if I can make it up the road

I took a joking photo earlier I may upload an scare you lot with may partial ugly mug. Someone joked about the virus affecting work so I slapped on my respirator an goggles
  • tlw1

The Scarlet Pimpernel

Sorry @tlw1 my dog walk was in flawless sunshine and 20 deg C this morning, on the beach. Coffee, then back to the beach for another hour and a half for a few swims...

You hunt.....

Lots of swimming here thanks to the floods (thankfully we are a mile away from the worst of it)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172

Cold wet and windy in the Creative County. Yet another relaxing day stretches out before me.
    Was it The Hobbit, SG? There and back again.

Don't worry Bally, it'll be much warmer in Tenerife and you enjoy a Corona or two when you get there...

Busy as a busy thing today and not forecast to get better until the end of next week
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:
    Is the airspace open again or is it still too dusty?
  • haydenm
    A colleague of mine lives in Brescia between the two hotspot areas and we have a client meeting which he can't miss on the 11th. He's got a flight back on Monday but he needs to come back sooner in case they change the quarantine rules in the meantime. I've said this before but if Italy don't sort themselves out before my honeymoon in April I'll be extremely unhappy.
  • thistle_
    haydenm said:

A colleague of mine lives in Brescia between the two hotspot areas and we have a client meeting which he can't miss on the 11th. He's got a flight back on Monday but he needs to come back sooner in case they change the quarantine rules in the meantime. I've said this before but if Italy don't sort themselves out before my honeymoon in April I'll be extremely unhappy.

I think you need book another one later in the year just in case. Maybe Whistler in August/September?
  • haydenm

haydenm said:

I think you need book another one later in the year just in case. Maybe Whistler in August/September?
    Brilliant idea. I did ask if I could book the honeymoon in a surprise location for her but she said I would have to pay 100%, and if we ended up in Whistler she would divorce me....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    haydenm said:

haydenm said:

Brilliant idea. I did ask if I could book the honeymoon in a surprise location for her but she said I would have to pay 100%, and if we ended up in Whistler she would divorce me....
    If that was me I'd call it a win-win scenario.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Weather not too unpleasant here this until now, supposedly getting worse before I wobble home. I've got some serious tossing to do when I get home as I am the official tosser for our house. Will tosser get through the draconian new swear filter?
    The old dear is in Italy at the moment, flew over last Wednesday. My user name will give a strong indication of where. Unfortunately she had a slight cough before she left and it has got worse since she arrived, the locals seem to be assuming she has coronavirus to the nth degree so she can't do a whole lot. The cough is clearing up now at least. Problem is if they start limiting movement she won't be able to go and see friends and such like. University my sister teaches at is shut, as are schools.
    Suppose I should get on with some work...
    Onwards and upwards...
  • thistle_

The old dear is in Italy at the moment, flew over last Wednesday. My user name will give a strong indication of where.

Sicily?

Today's been about 7/10 on the scale of meh to cba.
    Had a little bit of snow this evening, and a couple of women giving me kudos on a week's worth of Strava activities :confused:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614

Sicily?

Shurely one of the only Two Gentlemen of Verona, no?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199

The old dear is in Italy at the moment, flew over last Wednesday. My user name will give a strong indication of where.

Sicily?
    :)

There was a strange yellowy-orange orb up here too. Spent an hour pulling off the door panel of Porker #2 to find that yay! the window motor was fine but boo! the regulator was gone.
    I would have preferred that the motor was gone as it's doddle to replace.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1

Sicily?

Today's been about 7/10 on the scale of meh to cba.
    Had a little bit of snow this evening, and a couple of women giving me kudos on a week's worth of Strava activities :confused:
    Sorry :)