monday it's better to burn out than to fade away

'ning

coffee, too many webexes, render multidimensional complexity assimilable, kill, never stop burning
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another wet and windy start to the week, is it ever going to end ?, dog walked, coffee and breakfast on its way, busy day ahead
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Jesus the woods are just a mud fest

Meetings fun planned today
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    I wish this sogginess would sod off. At least it's getting a bit lighter now.

Getting ready for more budget and appraisal related fun. I may even get some time to knock a bit of tax on the head if I'm lucky.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, snow again, might get out for some truck drifting later on. I'm surprisingly still alive after my stag despite a cycling related friday night challenge in a park (with added tri suit, spirits and cat treats), paintballing on saturday (with added pink morph suit and antlers) and general drunkenness. I seem to have contracted coronavirus also. Not feeling quite so fresh.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, the new normal weather of high winds and driving rain. I think the met office have given up warning about any wind speed below 40mph. New victim of said wind, an probably the rain as well as a street lamp decided it wanted a lay down, thankfully not the direction I go to work but still it made a lot of noise.

Meetings and various games of rock paper scissors over who goes where this week. I may go with rock and maintain said rock is infact an asteroid so neither scissors nor paper will beat me. Might curl up into a ball to illustrate this.

Anyway I'm off to buy a canoe or surf board, seems I'll get more use out of them currently.
  • Stevo_666
    haydenm said:

Morning, snow again, might get out for some truck drifting later on. I'm surprisingly still alive after my stag despite a cycling related friday night challenge in a park (with added tri suit, spirits and cat treats), paintballing on saturday (with added pink morph suit and antlers) and general drunkenness. I seem to have contracted coronavirus also. Not feeling quite so fresh.

Welcome back Hayden. How long before the ball and chain is fitted?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Stevo_666 said:

haydenm said:

Welcome back Hayden. How long before the ball and chain is fitted?
    18th of April. She's put up with my impulse buying and dangerous hobbies for the last 8 and a half years, fingers crossed she keeps it up ;)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Went out for a run at lunchtime. Came back and everyone's disappeared. Could be good, could be bad :/
    Haven't seen the river here this high before and looks like it's still going up.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    The wobble to work was harder work than I'd hoped for, had enough of wind and moist.
    Another busy day here of fixing other idiots screw ups, but now other people are helping and coming to me in frustration. I'm laughing as they are finding the problems I've been warning of for the last 12 months. Thankfully the idiot that let a lot of them go through is no longer with us. Unfortunately he's still breathing I suspect, at least it's on another cuntinent. Deliberate misspelling.
    step83 said:

Anyway I'm off to buy a canoe or surf board, seems I'll get more use out of them currently.

Get a paddleboard, it's to canoes and surf boards what a hybrid is to cycling.

• haydenm
    I have two kayaks if anyone wants to purchase them. Bought second hand then used once...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Afternoon folks,
    The wobble to work was harder work than I'd hoped for, had enough of wind and moist.
    Another busy day here of fixing other idiots screw ups, but now other people are helping and coming to me in frustration. I'm laughing as they are finding the problems I've been warning of for the last 12 months. Thankfully the idiot that let a lot of them go through is no longer with us. Unfortunately he's still breathing I suspect, at least it's on another cuntinent. Deliberate misspelling.

step83 said:

Do you still get the same dirty looks you get if you ride a hybrid?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    step83 said:

Afternoon folks,

step83 said:

We’d have to send Stevo out on one to confirm either way.
  • Stevo_666

step83 said:

Afternoon folks,

step83 said:

We’d have to send Stevo out on one to confirm either way.
    I only get that when FKW's on 'proper bikes' :D get passed by me on my little old flat barred jobbie.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    haydenm said:

Is it a shotgun wedding?

Blizzard at 6am to drop the lazy, slovenly, spoilt nieces on the train. They're good fun but need a few ounces of oomph and work ethic.
    More snow please - the stuff that sticks to car parks and you can also sledge on.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    pinno said:

haydenm said:

Is it a shotgun wedding?

Thankfully not, as far as I know. I'm purchasing a rather beautiful Rizzini on Thursday though...
  • haydenm said:

pinno said:

haydenm said:

Is it a shotgun wedding?

Thankfully not, as far as I know. I'm purchasing a rather beautiful Rizzini on Thursday though...
    As a kid, my old man's mate was both a licensed dealer and Olympic competitor in trap. I learned to shoot on some Purdey and Holland & Holland ones he had.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm

haydenm said:

pinno said:

haydenm said:

Is it a shotgun wedding?

As a kid, my old man's mate was both a licensed dealer and Olympic competitor in trap. I learned to shoot on some Purdey and Holland & Holland ones he had.
    Extremely jealous, stunning stuff! Some of the guys I work with are at that end of the market but I highly doubt I'll ever be invited out with them...