sunday had too much to dream last night

'ning

forecast rain, some more rain, then some rain, and a bit of rain, rain, ride in the rain, cafe, ride in the rain, and the rain, cafe
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, p@ssing down here at least the wind as dropped , dog walked , breakfast consumed, wondering whether to ride out side or inside .
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    More rain here :( talking the youngest to the theatre of shite as managed to get some hospitality tickets and I’m not driving :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Grey, blowing, mizzly and forecasting bout of heavy rain late morning. I really need to get out on the bike, feels like ages. Supposed to brighten up by noon-ish, think I'll try for a potter this afternoon. Can't have another day confined indoors, watching tv and/or d1cking about on t'internet.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    soggy roads, forecast rain didn't appear though i suspect it actually was raining but the wind is so strong that the rain gets blown somewhere else on the way down

i see there's an epic calima at the moment, not been there for one that thick
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, still windy here, gusting to 47mph according the the local schools weather station so no outside riding for me!

Going to see about some timber for a work bench so gives me something to do.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Wet and windy here.
    Did some indoor strength stuff first thing trying to follow a video on YouTube but it's hard to watch the TV while doing various balancing squat things.
    Rear windows on the house have been cleaned and lubed so they are slick and open and shut now without needing the strength of the hulk.
    I've used GT85 on the pivots and finish line clear lube on the runners but I think it will only last a couple of weeks so open to better suggestions.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438

'ning
    I've used GT85 on the pivots and finish line clear lube on the runners but I think it will only last a couple of weeks so open to better suggestions.

start a 'which lube for windows' thread in workshop, it could run for weeks :smiley:
  • Please send rain. Much as I love sunshine and beachy weather... we're bone dry here. Reckon we'd have had less than 20mm all up this YEAR so far. :(

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Good lie in #2 this weekend. Needed as I stayed up to watch the 'Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse' last night.

Doing various jobs including finally taking the Christmas tree to the tip. Luckily The Panzer is in for its first service this week coming so the stealer will clean the inside for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    The wind dropped, the rain stopped, the sun even started to shine. So did get my nice pottering about ride in. Nothing to strenuous, a bit mucky in places but good to get outside for once.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Thistle I use a drop of 3 in 1 oil for mine every few years and dare I say it WD on door multi point lock mechs.
    WS we had more than that last night judging by the roads around me again.
    Stevo, I hope he does our local dealer has started doing the outside and driver cockpit areas only.

It'll be a little test Oxo. They did a good job on the outside when it went in for a warranty job last year, but the inside was too clean to need a going over.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I'd give your car a cracking valet as well if I was charging you 120 big ones an hour
  • Stevo_666

I'd give your car a cracking valet as well if I was charging you 120 big ones an hour

If I look at like that I should get some personal service from the receptionist while I'm waiting.
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

If I look at like that I should get some personal service from the receptionist while I'm waiting.
    Ooo. Woke alert, woke alert.... A ToryBoy's sense of entitlement shines through. Ah well, it's Brexitland, it's what the morons voted for.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ooo. Woke alert, woke alert.... A ToryBoy's sense of entitlement shines through. Ah well, it's Brexitland, it's what the morons voted for.
    Leftie boy chip on shoulder alert :)

You get what you pay for Looney. At that price I'm entitled to a fair bit, although I was only talking about a complementary cup of coffee and a nice chat ;)
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

You get what you pay for Looney. At that price I'm entitled to a fair bit, although I was only talking about a complementary cup of coffee and a nice chat ;)
    Let's hope it leads to a happy ending.
  • ballysmate
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

What? People voted on servicing Stevo's car?
    Stevo was after a cup of coffee, you would no doubt prefer a bitter lemon, the more bitter the better.
    No lager for you down the pub, bitter every time.
  • orraloon
    Hmm. I think you old codgers need to get wiv da programme. Ain't Bitter beers no more, coz like bitter ain't no positive vibe innit. So para example Brakspear (is one of dem Marstons' brands now, the Henley brewery is now a Hotel du Vin) renamed their standard Brakspear Bitter as Gravity.
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Is that in Woking? How are your sweat glands? Only asking...🤔
  • Stevo_666

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

What? People voted on servicing Stevo's car?
    Stevo was after a cup of coffee, you would no doubt prefer a bitter lemon, the more bitter the better.
    No lager for you down the pub, bitter every time.
    :)

Bally, I can see a good business opportunity here, brewing some particularly bitter tasting beer and calling it 'Remain Bitter'. Or maybe producing Remain W(h)ine - made with pure sour grapes. And serve it up in a pub called 'The Losers Boozer'.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199

The WD in WD40 stands for 'water dispersal'. Invented in the 70's for ignition systems prone to damp. (which was all of them, especially Mini's). GT85 is the modern equivalent and does anti-seizing (de-blocking) a little bit better.
    For excellent de-blocking and lubrication simultaneously, Innotec de-blocker.

http://www.innotecworld.com/products/greases-lubricants.php?productid=84

Leave it a while (day or so), wipe excess off after agitating the pivot points/hinges etc and use some waterproof grease.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-Wd40-White-Lithium-Grease-400ml-Water-and-Heat-Resistant-Lubricant/171867938189?hash=item2804209d8d:g:WGkAAOSw0axZiZoS

seanoconn - gruagach craic!