Coast to coast

ti_yred
ti_yred Posts: 55
I'm planning the coast to coast for July with three mates and we intend to do an alternative route as per Albion cycling, but rather than thrash ourselves to a foam, we're doing 100 odd miles per day to complete the 300 miles in 3 days...Just after some info re decent B&Bs along the route for anyone who has already planned/done it.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Comments

• Yep that one. We have a support driver sorted so just need places to stop and sleep.
  •  I have been thinking about doing a coast to coast route called 'The Way of the Roses' bikepacking with tent and all (West to East). That's quite a challenge for me, but this! I've never heard of it before, it looks insane. Then add east to west against the prevailing wind... Good luck with the trip, I wish you well
     You'll only need two places to stay on-route. splitting the 300m into 3 x 100m days. There are plenty of places to stay around these splits, it all depends on your budget/requirements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKzSYNEnyVI
  • I think all cyclists are driven by a spirit of adventure...and challenges give us that. It won't be easy but I'm looking forward to it. I think!

I'll echo your comments about going down Greenhow Hill....three of us walked up it to watch the U23 Worlds road race ride up it. It was showery and the road surface pretty bad. a few cyclists came flying past us on the way down. At the bottom as you roll into Pateley Bridge there are a few minor junctions onto the main road including a garage...footpaths are narrow in places, its a recipe for a shunt if you arent fully concentrating.

•  Thank you ti_yred and oxoman for the warnings regarding Greenhow Hill, appreciated.
     I'm sure you'll enjoy your C-C, even if you don't while doing it, time has way of allowing you to forget the pain and remember the fun parts.

BTW as part of my research into The Way of the Roses, I made myself a little map, with what I need from it (and without the adverts of other sites) and made it accessible on-line, perhaps ti_yred the OP could do something similar. Way of the Roses Just a thought
  • Thanks Charlie, that look interesting. I'll have a look at that in detail. Cheers!