Sram nx rear mech

I’ve just purchased a sram nx 12 speed groupset, fitted the rear mech and there’s loads of play at the mounting bolt! (Bolt is tight) I’ve not fitted the chain yet, the mech wobbles side to side, seems really floppy to me, anyone else fitted/use one of these?

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I don't know exactly why you have that problem, but if you use the bike with the mech like that, your shifting will be very bad indeed.

Are you sure that you have not misplaced a component whilst doing the swap over? Have you left a component in the Sram box?
    Check the manufacturer's website to see what bits might be missing.
    If you are certain that nothing is missing and that you have assembled the mech onto the mech hanger correctly, then I'd consider taking it to a bike shop, they may see instantly what the problem is.

If the thought of going cap in hand to the bike shop appals you, then I'd try adding some home made spacers (washers) so that the mech is clamped tightly to the hanger.
  • ive fitted loads of mechs, its not missing anything and its tight, ive tried to attach some short videos of the play, not the best resolution, as had to compress them to email them to sram and chain reaction. just curious if anyone else has encountered this.
    i was thinking of taking it one planet adventure for a second opinion

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited February 2020
    That second video is the key! That is definitely wrong, too much play.
    Please get back to us with the resolution, when you find it.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited February 2020
    I had that with an NX rear mech I fitted to a mate's bike. However, it indexed fine and shifting was not a problem.

As an aside, I will to be putting SRAM gears on any of my bikes. The DUB bb is stupid and the cost of replacement components is ridiculous. Shimano may be a bit more expensive to buy initially but spares are a reasonable price and set up is much easier.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009