wednesday's pole is unphysical

'ning

coffee, i suspect webexes, do complicated thing, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing again and after last nights down pour it’s a bit slippery underfoot, hopefully the joiner will be finished today,
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On the train ready to deal with obstructive twats when I get to the office. My way or the highway...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Off today so pub was enjoyed last night, just finishing off some crap and laptop lid will go down and then it’s fit the roof rack, load bikes and eastridge we go
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, day of numbers an live streaming today, pick up the parcel that was meant to go to the post office but apparently there was no one there to take it at half nine.
    No idea what to do later.
  • As Europe once famously said, "It's the final countdown..." to La Plagne in 4 days time.

In the meantime I shan't be partaking in any webex's, trains or roof rack fitting.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Wet.
    Grey.
    Cold.
    Breezy.

...and no use for the Boltzmann constant.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Rode (part way) to work again this morning. Two days in a row, somethings up.
    Had to scrape ice off the car first thing but didn't seem slippy on two wheels, apart from the muddy bit through the woods.
    Tempted to pop in to llandegla after work just for a laugh even though it's going to be cold and dark and really wet.
  • OK day, made better by dropping off visitor at the airport and making sure the flight left our airspace.. returned home to some serenity at last.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

As Europe once famously said, "It's the final countdown..." to La Plagne in 4 days time.

In the meantime I shan't be partaking in any webex's, trains or roof rack fitting.

I don't want to p!$$ on your chips HD, but I read in the news recently that the French ski resort staff were on strike over pensions or something.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks

Thankfully nor will I, but I have another day of shovelling excrement. I've offloaded large parts of it and it looks like people have finally realised I was right all along. Now it's just a case of fixing all the errors, and there are lots of them. Unfortunately it seems they've realised I know more about commodity codes than anyone else in here. Makes accounting sound palatable.
    it's the EPO's birthday today so after going to have a row with the guy doing work next door to the old dear's I have to sort a nice meal for her, fish and chips is looking like the winner. Might buy a cake as well. Then I'll go to the pub as it is Wednesday after all.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks

Thankfully nor will I, but I have another day of shovelling excrement. I've offloaded large parts of it and it looks like people have finally realised I was right all along. Now it's just a case of fixing all the errors, and there are lots of them. Unfortunately it seems they've realised I know more about commodity codes than anyone else in here. Makes accounting sound palatable.
    it's the EPO's birthday today so after going to have a row with the guy doing work next door to the old dear's I have to sort a nice meal for her, fish and chips is looking like the winner. Might buy a cake as well. Then I'll go to the pub as it is Wednesday after all.
    I try to steer clear of commodity codes, best left to others.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks

I try to steer clear of commodity codes, best left to others.
    Bloody right, unfortunately we are severely lacking in competent people that can identify what products are correctly and as I've been dealing with queries from shipping companies my name got put in the frame.
  • Stevo_666 said:

As Europe once famously said, "It's the final countdown..." to La Plagne in 4 days time.

I don't want to p!$$ on your chips HD, but I read in the news recently that the French ski resort staff were on strike over pensions or something.
    I "think...(hope)" that that was last weekend, the 16th.

*frantically searches interwebzzz*

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • The Local, an English-language French website, is warning of strike action by seasonal workers in leading French ski resorts during the February half-term holidays which could mean "possible disruption" on the slopes.

The website reports that the strike has been called by the CGT union over French government proposals to change the country's unemployment system which the union says will make seasonal workers much worse off.

It's a different issue to the strikes in December and January that particularly impacted the French transport network and was a reaction to changes in pension rights in the country.

The strike is set for Saturday, February 15th, which is in the mid-way point of the four weeks of regional French school holidays and the start of the main week for British schools.

The main actions are expected to be the withdrawal of labour by lift operators at many leading ski resorts across France. As yet it's unclear how extensive lift closures will be.

I did think as much, last week would be the premium time to hit with the majority of British skiers heading out at half term.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

The Local, an English-language French website, is warning of strike action by seasonal workers in leading French ski resorts during the February half-term holidays which could mean "possible disruption" on the slopes.

The website reports that the strike has been called by the CGT union over French government proposals to change the country's unemployment system which the union says will make seasonal workers much worse off.

It's a different issue to the strikes in December and January that particularly impacted the French transport network and was a reaction to changes in pension rights in the country.

The strike is set for Saturday, February 15th, which is in the mid-way point of the four weeks of regional French school holidays and the start of the main week for British schools.

The main actions are expected to be the withdrawal of labour by lift operators at many leading ski resorts across France. As yet it's unclear how extensive lift closures will be.

I did think as much, last week would be the premium time to hit with the majority of British skiers heading out at half term.

You're lucky HD, it's not often the country that is the world champion when it comes to striking only walks out for 1 day.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    was today close pass Wednesday and I didnt get the memo ? absolute shit ride in this morning and not a whole heap better on the return (see rants) due to motons being idiots

plus a whole heap more stress at work I dont need,Id like to say I was looking forward to the weekend but I dont think I am.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    awavey said:

was today close pass Wednesday and I didnt get the memo ?

You seem to suffer a lot of these close passes. is there no other route?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

awavey said:

I suspect it's connected to where Wavey lives, moving to a different part of the country might help.
    I don't get many close passes, but then I'm usually passing traffic as I ride to work.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

awavey said:

I suspect it's connected to where Wavey lives, moving to a different part of the country might help.
    I don't get many close passes, but then I'm usually passing traffic as I ride to work.
    Yeah, I generally don't get this problem, even pedalling in South and Central London rush hour?
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    edited February 2020
    pinno said:

awavey said:

there are other routes I could take though theyd take longer to ride and I dont always leave enough time to ride in as it is, and I wouldnt risk them in the dark.

heck theres a "shared cycle path" running alongside the bit of road where I get most of these close encounters...so yeah a whole bunch,not all, of it is obv due to drivers trying to bully me onto the cycle path,which is your typical rubbish cycle infra...but theres a stubborn streak in me that says why the cunty crap should I, I almost feel if I give in to not riding that road, I might as well just give it up completely.

whether its specific to the locale, possibly, the two problems are lack of volume of cyclist numbers on that road, in fact I see way more on the non cycle path pavements which shows what most think of the road, so drivers dont have experience or know how to overtake cyclists,and probably the bigger problem is there just arent enough police on the road anyway.

so the chances of being caught when driving like a complete twat are minimal, most other populous towns/cities probably have enough police or cameras around to deter all but the real numpties, but theres really nothing like that round here,so you get speeding,red light jumping, aggressive road rage, mobile phone use and god knows what else, all going unchecked