Looking for tubeless road tire and wheel combinations with very tight beads

I’m looking for 700C tubeless-ready tire and wheel combinations, which during tire removal, have very difficult to break tire beads. I’m in the process of developing a bead breaking tool and need to find reliably bad ones, which will put my design to the test. I believe the world needs such a tool. Please include brands and models with your descriptions.

The tires I'm talking about have such tight beads that you can't move them away from the rim sidewall, even a little bit, without heroic efforts, or damaging them and have a hope of getting a tire lever under them till you've moved them into the central channel. I'm not interested in mounting problems, or even how hard it is to get the tire over the rim sidewalls during installation or removal. Just want the facts, the tight bead facts!

I was lucky enough to find my nightmare MTB tire (Schwalbe Magic Mary) & wheel (ENVE M70) combination. I don't need to look at more MTB stuff, unless you know of a worse combination. I've had good success with this tool and am in the final stages of improvement and patenting.

Comments

• w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    My Reynolds Strike are pretty much impossible to break the bead. They are an absolute pig of a wheel to have to change tyres on. This is with either Tubeless Pro Ones or any clincher.
    Once the tyre is on, the initially breaking the bead, so trying to pinch the tyre into the middle channel is impossible.
    The seating isn’t massively difficult, it’s the removing. I’ll be putting new tyres on soon so would happily give your tool a go.
    Mtb wise I’ve never had a problem, I just stand on the tyre edge and it breaks the seal. But with my road wheels/tyres that method isn’t an option.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Conti GP5000 TL, in my experience with it, it is a right b4st4rd to get on.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Ambrosio P20 rim has a super tight seal. Only way I could get the tire to pop off the bead ledge was to run the rim under a hot tap to expand it. Would be impossible out on the road.