More money than sense!

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2020/02/18/62873/majorca-cycling-tours-with-lance-armstrong.html
Wow, some people really must have more money than sense. Unless the cost is for the drugs!

Comments

• Love him or loath him, I'll bet the stories are worth (a small amount of) the money.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I don't see an issue with it.
    It's a chance to ride/ train with a former pro rider who rode the tour 9 times (note I said rode the tour). That alone and the stories he will no doubt share would make for a fascinating few days.

If I had that sort of money to spare I'd be signing up.

• if i had the dot dash i would have did it, Bet he is good company
  • sub2
    sub2 Posts: 22
    Yes, I’d be up for that if I had the money.
    Others are revered that weren’t actually caught.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    You get to stay in a nice hotel with him. Think there may be a Pinarello loaned but plenty of people have that kind of money. Radio 2 children in need generates those numbers so a few hedge fund managers will not be a problem. I would go, be even better if Ullrich turned up. Of course there will be cycling stories but Hinchapie and Armstrong have business interests so questions about Uber and podcasting and rights will be on the table
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    I wonder just how awkward you would have to be to get kicked out.
    I suspect little. Only the mischievous rich will find out.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision said:

I don't see an issue with it.
    It's a chance to ride/ train with a former pro rider who rode the tour 9 times (note I said rode the tour). That alone and the stories he will no doubt share would make for a fascinating few days.

If I had that sort of money to spare I'd be signing up.

If I had that sort of money spare I'd go on one of those submersibles to see the Titanic, or be taken for a flight in a fighter jet or somethin. Just maybe I'd buy a new bike and then go and ride those same roads at the same time Lance is doing his tours. I'd probably change my mind about Lances tours at the last minute and go and get pissed.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    janwal said:

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2020/02/18/62873/majorca-cycling-tours-with-lance-armstrong.html
    Wow, some people really must have more money than sense. Unless the cost is for the drugs!

I've always it was poorer people who complained about what the "so called" rich did with their money but would do the same thing if they could afford it.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    If you had the disposable dough, just how bad would it be cycling around Majorca staying in lovely hotels getting lashed up every night with George H and Lance?
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    it sold out. Wonder if someone will turn up on those gold Spengle wheels?
  • flasher said:

If you had the disposable dough, just how bad would it be cycling around Majorca staying in lovely hotels getting lashed up every night with George H and Lance?

Well it sounds quite bad.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    They'd have to pay me more than E27000 to spend time with Armstrong.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734

flasher said:

What sounds bad about it?

• Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    flasher said:

flasher said:

Spending time with Lance Armstrong? You might enjoy that. Personally, I'd rather he f**ked off and died.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Longshot said:

flasher said:

flasher said:

Spending time with Lance Armstrong? You might enjoy that. Personally, I'd rather he f**ked off and died.
    I wouldn't have put it like that, but I think cycling around Majorca without George H and Lance, staying in lovely hotels without George H and Lance and NOT getting lashed up every night with George H and Lance would be nicer.
  • Is Lance Armstrong now a good/trustworthy person
    or this just another con?

Just wondered :/
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    For perspective, there are those who will pay that for dinner and listen to Blair or May (etc) give a talk.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited February 2020
    Jealous that you don’t have the money to get to ride with the biggest star the sport has ever seen?

And don‘t give me crap that he cheated. Everybody was on drugs, even the current riders.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    zest28 said:

Jealous that you don’t have the money to get to ride with the biggest star the sport has ever seen?

And don‘t give me censored that he cheated. Everybody was on drugs, even the current riders.

At the risk of flogging a horse that died a long time ago, you do realise that on the long list of reasons to take a dislike to Lance Armstrong that the drug taking came close to the bottom?
  • shortfall said:

...on the long list of reasons to take a dislike to Lance Armstrong that the drug taking came close to the bottom?

I for one have moderated my outlook/view on drug taking in cycle racing after reading about the history of the race/sport, this article perhaps summarises it best of all:

https://messynessychic.com/2019/07/26/the-tour-de-france-is-a-beautiful-mess-and-maybe-thats-how-it-should-be/
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    edited February 2020

shortfall said:

...on the long list of reasons to take a dislike to Lance Armstrong that the drug taking came close to the bottom?

I for one have moderated my outlook/view on drug taking in cycle racing after reading about the history of the race/sport, this article perhaps summarises it best of all:

https://messynessychic.com/2019/07/26/the-tour-de-france-is-a-beautiful-mess-and-maybe-thats-how-it-should-be/
    That's my point. Most fans of cycle racing were well aware of the murky history of the sport and it's dysfunctional relationship with drugs even if the wider public werent. What separated Armstrong from the other PED users was his pathological drive to protect his reputation as a clean competitor, even if it meant throwing decent people under the bus to achieve that. That people are prepared to spvnk thousands to share their time with such an a55hole kind of explains why drugs are so rampant in sport and the rest of society these days. It doesn't surprise me anymore.
  • pblakeney said:

For perspective, there are those who will pay that for dinner and listen to Blair or May (etc) give a talk.

Not sure who Blair is but here's a talk from May for completely free:

https://youtu.be/YO4Pm-a7oZ4

He doesn't talk bicycles tho