saturday i've cast the spell that eternity chained

'ning

coffee, fit in some hill repeats, more coffee, cake, then it's après moi, le déluge
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining at the moment, club ride cancelled due to pending storm, I need to go to the builders merchants, so I might aswell go today
    Have a good weekend, be careful if your cycling
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Wet here, was hoping to get a ride in before the storm but too late by the time I had walked the hounds
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Ffs.
    Yesterday afternoon, Sunday's race is definitely going ahead and the forecast is improving. Entered last night at 10pm, 6.30 this morning I get an email saying the event's cancelled because of the weather. I bet I won't get a refund either.
    This morning, at 7.30 parkrun is definitely going ahead despite the weather. Get up and get there, and they're turning people away because they've cancelled it :neutral:
    Dennis isn't even here yet.
    Odds on plan B being scuppered have now been slashed.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Dennis is picking up. Doesn't seem as blowy as Ciara but it's early days.
    Half way through changing brake pads. Thought i'd scoff some Rice Crispies and post bollox.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Nice enough day, markets in town, then a mixed afternoon of slackness and some DIY.

More of same tomorrow I think.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Theres a bit of Dennis here, but not too bad so just doing the usual. Currently stopped off at my local caff awaiting bacon and coffee. May venture into town later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    At the old dear’s for lunch today. Had to screw the side gate shut as the builders have demolished the house next door and put hoarding up, but hadn’t made the gate secure as promised. Also noted the hoarding is in the wrong place and is 4” onto Mum’s plot. Email sent to the builder and awaiting his response, not sure how heavily to go into this yet, fear I may need professional advice at some point.
    Dennis not a problem yet, more like a stroppy teenager at the moment.
  • pinno
    edited February 2020
    Just 4"...

I suppose 4" is worth £millions in that there big smoke.

Dennis really is kicking in. Going to break the brake pads in and exploit the quiet but wet and windy roads. May have to stop at that wee wee shack for a links sausage and ketchup bap plus tea plus lemon drizzle cake.
    One of the very peroxide blonde girls who works there is very easy on the eye.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    pinno said:

Just 4"...

Dennis really is kicking in. Going to break the brake pads in and exploit the quiet but wet and windy roads. May have to stop at that wee wee shack for a links sausage and ketchup bap plus tea plus lemon drizzle cake.
    One of the very peroxide blonde girls who works there is very easy on the eye.

Just been out for a dog walk to enjoy the best of Dennis. It ain't too bad here. Time for a slap up take away now :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

Just 4"...

There is that, but it also makes the difference between being able to take wheelie bins down the side of the house or not. First world problems and all that, but as the old dear is on her own and gets stressed by these things I will be very difficult in order to make her life easier.
    Bit blowy down here but not too bad.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    Yeah, chancers be chancers. Get the line moved back to correct alignment or you lose. Don't let the barstewards get away with it.

Meanwhile, I must have looked at my snots quantum superposition and lo, there be greens. But having been through the serious snots after Boxing Day for what seemed forever, this bout is getting kicked into next door's and set on fire. (Where is MF OTP?)

Tonight is enjoying the Johnnie Walker Rock Show on that R2 BBC while sipping a glass or several.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

Yeah, chancers be chancers. Get the line moved back to correct alignment or you lose. Don't let the barstewards get away with it.

Tesco did that when the build the one down the road from me - stuck the hoarding across the land belonging to the local sports club.
    Can't remember how it got sorted in the end.

• pinno
    The hoarding: set it light and chuck it in the next door neighbours garden,