wednesday is infinitely blueshifted

'ning

coffee, do expenses before they undergo gravitational collapse, get taken to lunch, later meeting up with old gmc eurochum for dinner, seems enough for a day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meetings too far away from home to be 100% sure I will get out on the fun bike later
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , cold start less wind thank goodness, I really need to spend sometime clearing the garden up
    I might get an hour on the rollers later
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Pah, train cancelled so have had to take a different route that will involve sampling the architectural wonder that is the Elephant & Castle shopping centre.

Less meetings today than yesterday, which is good for an aspiring old fart like me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Another day of chaos lies in front of me and I'm suffering a serious case of cba, they are creating sh1t faster than I can shovel it so I've given up. Now I just need to not let it bother me, that seems to be more challenging.
    Belated birthday greetings to those that are a whole year older than they were a couple of days ago. Rest assured Stevo I doubt you are aspiring any more.
    Pleasant enough wobble in if a tad cold, park was pretty with the sun shining. Later is beer and curry for an old git's birthday.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Belated Birthday for Steveo, V68 theres always boundless BS and usually from other management.
    Oxo, are you holding him to those offers? If not id draft up a letter so you can get said offers.

WFH today owing to a headcold which was given to me by some other manager. Really annoys me, I have a rule on my team if your feeling unwell. don't come in just work from home an let me know, which is perfect, seems i'm the only manager here with that policy hence picking up this lurgy from some other spreader.
    Off to bleugh in some tissues for a bit.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Dark and sleety/snowy on the walk to the train station this morning. Glorious sunshine now.
    Trying to decide whether to do a half marathon on Sunday. Weather looks interesting and I don't have a coat.
  • tlw1

'ning
    Dark and sleety/snowy on the walk to the train station this morning. Glorious sunshine now.
    Trying to decide whether to do a half marathon on Sunday. Weather looks interesting and I don't have a coat.

Reliability ride in Shrewsbury?
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

'ning

2 wheels isn't very appealing given the forecast :(
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Another day of chaos lies in front of me and I'm suffering a serious case of cba, they are creating censored faster than I can shovel it so I've given up. Now I just need to not let it bother me, that seems to be more challenging.
    Belated birthday greetings to those that are a whole year older than they were a couple of days ago. Rest assured Stevo I doubt you are aspiring any more.
    Pleasant enough wobble in if a tad cold, park was pretty with the sun shining. Later is beer and curry for an old git's birthday.

It makes me feel better that you're not far behind me V :) Although you're right, as my bloody legs are still aching a bit after my arduous commute yesterday over the Col de Dog Kennel Hill and Mont Forest Hill.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Morning from a bright blue skied freezing midlands. Off shift so going out with a friend who's recently discovered biking again. So gentle bimble somewhere with coffee and cakes I assume, I will probably regret it as currently full of green slimy stuff and feeling censored . For some reason the old fart in me refuses to give in and admit defeat, see to many snowflakes at work give in at the first sign of a sniffle. V68 Ignore the BS and chill out, I just remind the idiots above they need me more than I need them occasionally. I actually gave my boss a letter a few wks ago in front of others and he thought as did others it was a notice letter, he asked me to accompany him to his office and proceeded to big me up and offer me the world. His face was a picture when I told him to read it before digging a bigger hole for himself and a he realised it wasn't what he and the rest of the team thought. It was just change of confidential details for works records. Much smirking and laughing has been done over this. Have a nice day all after reading my essay.

:) Step beat me to it - hold the boss to his promises. Actually that's a good ploy, must give it a go myself at some point >:)

Got a catch up with the boss later so doing a bit of preparation and hopefully he will agree to shoot those I want dealing with.
  • Must. Stop. Booking. Skiing. Holidays...

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Morning from a bright blue skied freezing midlands. Off shift so going out with a friend who's recently discovered biking again. So gentle bimble somewhere with coffee and cakes I assume, I will probably regret it as currently full of green slimy stuff and feeling censored . For some reason the old fart in me refuses to give in and admit defeat, see to many snowflakes at work give in at the first sign of a sniffle. V68 Ignore the BS and chill out, I just remind the idiots above they need me more than I need them occasionally. I actually gave my boss a letter a few wks ago in front of others and he thought as did others it was a notice letter, he asked me to accompany him to his office and proceeded to big me up and offer me the world. His face was a picture when I told him to read it before digging a bigger hole for himself and a he realised it wasn't what he and the rest of the team thought. It was just change of confidential details for works records. Much smirking and laughing has been done over this. Have a nice day all after reading my essay.

:) Step beat me to it - hold the boss to his promises. Actually that's a good ploy, must give it a go myself at some point >:)

Got a catch up with the boss later so doing a bit of preparation and hopefully he will agree to shoot those I want dealing with.
    Have to be careful though, we have a cocky contractor here who made it known he was applying to a competitor, hes been very much isolated from everything and they've already backfilled his position.
  • step83
    So, Pinno mentioned to me about a striking plate/panel on my workbench, mentioned it to one of the guys at work more to get an idea how thick I need to make it. Been sent a photo of an "offcut" of Titanium billet. I think this may be OTT for my needs.

Need this weather to behave so I can actually get the thing done.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Have to be careful though, we have a cocky contractor here who made it known he was applying to a competitor, hes been very much isolated from everything and they've already backfilled his position.
    Yep, although the fact that he's a contractor and so disposable means that might not have been so smart in his case.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Had he actually applied elsewhere or was he just trying it on?
    We don't have that kind of fun at our place, they point blank refuse to get contract staff.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited February 2020
    step83 said:

Been sent a photo of an "offcut" of Titanium billet.

Ooh nice. That'll take a bit of abuse.

How about this for a garage idea:

Bloody Porker club. Who would have a (private) tarts boudoir garage like that?

Me done humping bits of wood around me. About a metric ton and a half, then stacked. Me knackered me. More tomorrow (weather willing).

Quite lovely day here despite the chill in the wind.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Looks like a night club where all the furniture has been nicked.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

'ning

2 wheels isn't very appealing given the forecast :(
    Where is the run?
  • step83

step83 said:

We don't have that kind of fun at our place, they point blank refuse to get contract staff.
    He was making a big deal about going to interviews after finding out his annual pay rise was not what he expected, his own fault he was on secondment so on an "uplift" salary which wasn't the full salary for what he was doing anyway an he expected his payrise to be done on the rate for his role if he was not seconded to it.

step83 said:

He was making a big deal about going to interviews after finding out his annual pay rise was not what he expected, his own fault he was on secondment so on an "uplift" salary which wasn't the full salary for what he was doing anyway an he expected his payrise to be done on the rate for his role if he was not seconded to it.
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Been sent a photo of an "offcut" of Titanium billet.

Ooh nice. That'll take a bit of abuse.

Me done humping bits of wood around me. About a metric ton and a half, then stacked. Me knackered me. More tomorrow (weather willing).

Quite lovely day here despite the chill in the wind.
    Boody tarts boudoir, but I'd likely have it!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    step83 said:

Boody tarts boudoir, but I'd likely have it!

I had used to hold you in high regard Step.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!