sunday we begin bombing in five minutes

'ning

decide if it's windy or not, may go straight to cafe
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    The wind seems to have dropped here. It's forecasting 50mph plus rain all day though so I'm hiding indoors. Hopefully replacing hub bearings if tools arrive.

Went to bed at a sensible time last night because I was tired, and I've woken up early as a result.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wind and rain here, just walked tigger it’s wild to say the least, no cycling today well only on Eurosport
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning All,

60mph gusts here apparently in the wild and woolly South East. Total damage so far is that our old Christmas tree which was in a pot on the patio has blown over. Also the hounds don't seem to keen to go outside although they are a bit soft.

May go get a haircut later and head for the supermarket as it'll probably be a bit quieter than normal.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    not that windy so far, i've ridden over windier volcanoes, compensated for lack of ride by having extra coffee and a biccy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Windy as hell here in Shropshire, walk in the woods with branches dropping constantly was entertaining.

Kept lounge log burner going from last night so I imagine chilling will be done. But first a walk in the open fields with the family.

Pub later
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Bit blowy here, but not too bad. Fairly lazy day on the cards. Need to see the old dear and take girl child to see someone about maths tutoring, good way of earning a bit of extra cash for her.
    Cleaned the bike yesterday as it was caked in crud, but we all knew the storm was coming so you can’t blame me. Shifting has improved and the bike should be a fair bit lighter.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Power went here about half nine. Power line for us comes via the woods so probably been taken out by some trees coming down. Its a working wood so usually its pretty clear but likely some pine's have snapped.
    Dog walked early before dawn it was OK but shes now hiding under a blanket, fireworks don't bother her, the wind does?
    Currently running off a mix of solar, USB power packs and the fact I have gas. Saving the solar an some candles for when it gets dark.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Windy as.... in Staffordshire.
    Cannock Chase closed so area is a crudder free zone.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Power went here about half nine. Power line for us comes via the woods so probably been taken out by some trees coming down. Its a working wood so usually its pretty clear but likely some pine's have snapped.

Felling Might've exposed some trees that haven't seen the wind before. You see it all the time at llandegla, never had any fallen trees until Hayden started cutting them down :wink:

• veronese68
    They’ve shut Richmond Park and other royal parks due to risk of falling trees. There’s a hilarious thread on the local Next Door forum with some tool getting all uppity about it. He described it as a bit of wilderness, said the dangers add to the frisson. What a fool, if the ‘dangers’ of a park get him hard I think he may need to live a little more.
    Hope you get power back soon Step.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    sounds like there are trees down blocking roads about here so not going anywhere, might escape to the pub later for safety :)
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Lots of trees down around me and a few without power, and still my bloody neighbours tree is standing. Roof at work just about hanging on in places.

Sounds like the tree needs some help on its way.

The main road by me is shut due to flooding. It floods when there's even the lightest of drizzle these days so I reckon they're just making a point about something this time.
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

Lots of trees down around me and a few without power, and still my bloody neighbours tree is standing. Roof at work just about hanging on in places.

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Yay, booked late summer holiday in Portugal for early September as we're no longer slaves to the school holidays :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

oxoman said:

It may fall his way.

Good time to go to Portugal. Where are you going?

Very windy here. No damage but the wind exposed unknown leaks in the conservatory.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    We were going to book a holiday tonight, found a place we like the look of. Glad we didn’t, just been offered a very nice villa in Tuscany that would normally be way beyond our budget.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Yay, booked late summer holiday in Portugal for early September as we're no longer slaves to the school holidays :smile:

We're off to Portugal in June. Amazing really, as not long ago people were warning that there would be no flights to the EU.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

It may fall his way.

Good time to go to Portugal. Where are you going?

Very windy here. No damage but the wind exposed unknown leaks in the conservatory.

First week of September when the schools go back. So cheaper and no screaming kids when we get there. Double win.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

We're off to Portugal in June. Amazing really, as not long ago people were warning that there would be no flights to the EU.
    And that none of us would have jobs so we wouldn't be able to afford to go either.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Stevo_666 said:

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face on a Monday morning.

You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Stevo_666
    Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face on a Monday morning.

One of my favourite movie quotes, although I was trying to lift the mood on Sunday eve :)